PANCE - how long is too long

I wanted to ask how long after you graduated, did you wait to take the PANCE? is there a time limit? I took mine back in 2009, and my friend from class has still not taken it yet, is there a limit to how long you can wait? Ive been looking online. We graduated in 2008, IDK why on earth she hasn't just gotten up and taken it. Does anyone know if there is a lock out after you graduated where they wont let you take the PANCE? Thankyou

• Administrator

If your friend hasn't taken it yet, why are you asking on her behalf? It's up to her to move forward, not you, and in cases like this, I would think "helping" a person in such a situation is akin to helping baby chickens out of their eggshells: ultimately harmful, not helpful. Sometimes, people have to grow up and put their own clothes on for themselves.

If your friend hasn't taken it yet, why are you asking on her behalf? It's up to her to move forward, not you, and in cases like this, I would think "helping" a person in such a situation is akin to helping baby chickens out of their eggshells: ultimately harmful, not helpful. Sometimes, people have to grow up and put their own clothes on for themselves.

She asked 4 specific questions and you managed to answer none of them and preach to her at the same time. How is this helpful to her? Is it a superiority complex on your part?

• Administrator
She asked 4 specific questions and you managed to answer none of them and preach to her at the same time. How is this helpful to her? Is it a superiority complex on your part?

I answered exactly as many of her questions as actually merited answers, just like I did with yours.

Ignore the trolling, OP.

• [*=left]Individuals may take PANCE one time in any single 90-day period or three times in a calendar year, whichever is fewer.
    [*=left]Individuals who have never been certified and who graduated from an ARC-PA accredited physician assistant program on or after January 1, 2003, will be eligible to take PANCE for up to six years after completing the requirements for graduation from that program. During that six-year period, the examination may be taken a maximum of six times. When either the six attempts or six years is exhausted, whichever occurs sooner, the individual loses eligibility to take PANCE. The only way to establish new eligibility to take PANCE is to enter into and complete an unabridged ARC-PA accredited physician assistant educational program.

Archived