What's considered "applying early" for rolling admission?

So a couple of the schools I'm applying to are rolling admission and require the GRE's. I'm pretty much towards the end of my time preparing, and deciding when to take the GRE. I'm between the 19th and 25th of this month. I know CASPA opens up the 17th and you can start applying then, and it takes 10-15 days for the schools to receive scores. So I'm just wondering for rolling admission schools, if they receive everything in the month of May, do you guys think that's okay? Or is it more towards the beginning of May? I'm basically deciding if I should take the GRE earlier to get the process going or if I'll still have enough time be "applying early" if I take it the 25th.

I guess mainly its deciding whether to take it earlier and apply sooner or wait a little bit, get more studying in, but apply later. I just worry because some of these programs I have spoken to put so much emphasis on applying early, but I don't know the time range that classifies as early.

Although applications are not mailed out until the beginning of June programs can download applications electronically. They will just not receive a hard copy of the application until June.

So why would CASPA even send out hard copies? Are the programs getting everything with the electronic copies?

Also, thank you everyone for you responses.

This came from CASPA FAQs section

• [h=3]Q: Can my schools view my application online?[/h] A: Once your application has been e-submitted, your schools have access to your full online application. This does not mean, however, that they choose to view it. Some schools will only review applications after they have been officially mailed by CASPA.

I would check with the program you are applying to, and see if they look at the applications online. Also, standard verification of applications by CASPA can take 4-6 weeks however, if you are submitting your application when everyone else is this could take longer.

Archived