Should I retake Gen chem before orgo?

Thanks for the help everyone. I would really want to retake for sake of grade replacement (the schools I am interested in count the retake). But for the schools that I plan on applying to, retaking that 1 class may not really be that beneficial if I do well in orgo (gpa wise I would already be competitive). So I guess I will see how well I do in orgo first, then if a grade replacement would be beneficial I could always go back and retake it, and that way I could potentially not waste money!

@wutthechris, what did you do for HCE? I will be working as a CNA at a nursing home beginning in the summer and continuing until I (hopefully) get accepted into PA school. I am skeptical about working in a nursing home, but the job is basically being offered to me before I even receive my certification!

Thanks for the help everyone. I would really want to retake for sake of grade replacement (the schools I am interested in count the retake). But for the schools that I plan on applying to, retaking that 1 class may not really be that beneficial if I do well in orgo (gpa wise I would already be competitive). So I guess I will see how well I do in orgo first, then if a grade replacement would be beneficial I could always go back and retake it, and that way I could potentially not waste money!

@wutthechris, what did you do for HCE? I will be working as a CNA at a nursing home beginning in the summer and continuing until I (hopefully) get accepted into PA school. I am skeptical about working in a nursing home, but the job is basically being offered to me before I even receive my certification!

I'm a med tech.

So I took gen chem 1 and 2 my freshman year of college. I made a B and C+, respectively. (B- in both labs). I am graduating in May with my bachelors in bio, and since have done better in science courses. Anyways, I have to take Orgo 1 and 2 this coming up Fall/Spring, but my question is, should I retake gen chem 2 at the least for refresher and GPA boost, or should I be fine to start fresh in Orgo? Any thoughts are personal experiences?

I took ochem 1 without gen chem 2 at all. I did relatively fine. It's a total different class.

Archived