Help for LOR

Hi friends , I am international medical graduate..from India..I already took my lor for internal medicine residency ,but unfortunately I didn't get residency..so can I use those LOR's for applying PA..I appreciate ane advise..I took LOR from my medical school professor's like gynecologist and ophtahlmogist and social preventive medicine professors.....

Most students are not allowed to see their letter of recommendations and waive this right when they apply to PA school, so I doubt you are going to have anyone who posts a letter here.

i'm curious, do you know why? i don't see why it would matter if you do or don't waive your right..

Most students are not allowed to see their letter of recommendations and waive this right when they apply to PA school, so I doubt you are going to have anyone who posts a letter here.

i'm curious, do you know why? i don't see why it would matter if you do or don't waive your right..

If you do not waive your right, it creates a conflict of interest with the writer and increases pressure on them to write you a stellar LOR, knowing that you can see the letter they wrote for you and knowing that you can contact them in the future if you are unhappy with what is written. Essentially, by not waiving your right, many believe that the letter is not as honest an evaluation of your candidacy as it would be if the writer knew you could never see it. Every school and PA I have spoken with about this topic has advised waiving the right (my guess is that over 90% of applicants do). I have even heard of schools who will not consider applicants who do not waive their right.

If you do not waive your right, it creates a conflict of interest with the writer and increases pressure on them to write you a stellar LOR, knowing that you can see the letter they wrote for you and knowing that you can contact them in the future if you are unhappy with what is written. Essentially, by not waiving your right, many believe that the letter is not as honest an evaluation of your candidacy as it would be if the writer knew you could never see it. Every school and PA I have spoken with about this topic has advised waiving the right (my guess is that over 90% of applicants do). I have even heard of schools who will not consider applicants who do not waive their right.

Archived