A Rock in a Hard Place

So I have the fortune task of choosing between two schools. My biggest dilemma is the cost. I known that at School A, the more costly school, I will be prepared to go out into the world and get a job of my dreams. But School A cost per year cost as much as School B program cost in total, School B is a nice program however they do not have the same PANCE rate and resources. I am coming out of undergrad with 30 thousands in student loans and I am afraid by the end I will be in debt for quite some time 10 plus years. Perhaps i could get some words of wisdom????

go for the school with the better rotation sites.

pance is about how much YOU study, not about the quality of your program.

I imagine I could probably prep a random joe with avg intelligence on the street to pass pance in a month now that it doesn't have physicals on it anymore. you can study to pass a test or work to learn the material and pass a test.

if you just came up with a variety of catch phrases and responses you would pass most of the pance questions:

antibiotic associated diarrhea: C. diff

gold standard test for dvt: venogram

currant jelly sputum: klebsiella

you could learn the 3 above answers and know nothing about dvt's or c.diff or pneumonia or the evaluation or risk factors for them.

just because you can pass a test doesn't mean you will be a good pa. as the docs love to say "it's the training, not the test".

go for the school with the better rotation sites.

pance is about how much YOU study, not about the quality of your program.

I imagine I could probably prep a random joe with avg intelligence on the street to pass pance in a month now that it doesn't have physicals on it anymore. you can study to pass a test or work to learn the material and pass a test.

Is that an invitation for you to help me prep in 2 years once I'm ready to take the PANCE? Ill bring my SCUBA gear while I'm at it to check out the local spots. :wink:

Is that an invitation for you to help me prep in 2 years once I'm ready to take the PANCE? Ill bring my SCUBA gear while I'm at it to check out the local spots. :wink:

you pay for the emedpa "board review course" and scuba spectacular in cozumel and we'll talk.....:)

• Administrator
if you just came up with a variety of catch phrases and responses you would pass most of the pance questions:

It's REALLY not that way anymore. There are almost no easy, pattern-matching answers like those ones as of last August. They went out of the way to pick ridiculously obscure drugs, for example. I swear, I've seen more non-lisinopril ACEIs on the PANCE than I have in 2,000+ patients.

Can I quote you on this and perhaps I just might take you up on this offer myself? :heheh: Are you a NAUI or a PADI BTW?

Naui and SSI.

naui: open water, adv. open water

SSI: Equipment techniques, dry suit, rescue, Nitrox

I need 1 more course for the master diver cert. I'll get around to it eventually.

this is where the emedpa board course will be hosted:

http://aquasafari.com/index2.html

check out the nice and cheap rooms:

I dove with these folks in 2000. they are the only padi 5 star facility on cozumel.

look at the room, 20 bucks per person/night. was 17 when I was last there. ocean view, right across the street from the dock.

Naui and SSI.

naui: open water, adv. open water

SSI: Equipment techniques, dry suit, rescue, Nitrox

I need 1 more course for the master diver cert. I'll get around to it eventually.

this is where the emedpa board course will be hosted:

check out the nice and cheap rooms:

I dove with these folks in 2000. they are the only padi 5 star facility on cozumel.

look at the room, 20 bucks per person/night. was 17 when I was last there. ocean view, right across the street from the dock.

you got me sold. Ill hook you up with you last specialty and master scuba diver cert as well. I can teach 12+ specialties: (PPB, DPV, Deep Diving, Dry Suit, Wreck, Drift, Search and Recovery, Underwater Naturalist, Project Aware, Underwater Photography, Nitrox, and O2 Provider although you probably don't need that last one lol). Ill be working on my shark diving and rebreather certs when I finish school.

you got me sold. Ill hook you up with you last specialty and master scuba diver cert as well. I can teach 12+ specialties: (PPB, DPV, Deep Diving, Dry Suit, Wreck, Drift, Search and Recovery, Underwater Naturalist, Project Aware, Underwater Photography, Nitrox, and O2 Provider although you probably don't need that last one lol). Ill be working on my shark diving and rebreather certs when I finish school.
I am impressed by you two. I am just a small PADI girl here in Texas :wink:

Archived