Mental Health Counted as HCE?

I am a clinical psychologist (master's level) and I didn't have any issues getting interviews. My primary experience was in counseling and psych testing, with no real hands-on "medical" experience but a lot of patient responsibility. Hope that helps!
GMarie from what I have read and heard what you describe is more Social-Behavior Experience as opposed to Health Care Experience. Maybe I am wrong, because I have a similar background as you doing psych testing, interviewing, but NOT hands-on Medical experience. I thought from what you have described CASPA does not consider this HCE, now I am REALLY confused

Well, on CASPA, patient care experience is defined as experiences in which the applicant is directly responsible for a patient's care. I didn't have any problems with it and I was accepted to three programs, so I guess it's okay! I had a lot of different experiences, though, over the course of 10 years, so that may have made a difference. I guess you need to check with each individual program.

I love that cartoon, by the way!

Archived