Lost Certification due not logging enough CME

Hello,

I just found out I lost my NCCPA certification because I didn't log all of CME in time. I had 2hrs of Cat I CME to log, but forgot before the new year. I logged onto NCCPA and found out I lost my certification. I am beyond embarrassed and devastated I had to tell my employment and now they're not sure they will even let me work without it. I know in MI it's not required for my license, but it may be required for the hospital I work at. I filed an "exemption to policy" with the NCCPA, but they have 30 days to get back with me. If they decide not to overturn their decision I have to the PANRE to get re-certified and possibly before I can work again.

I am absolutely sick to my stomach about this. Has this happened to anyone else? Any words of wisdom?

I am aware of a PA who I used to work with who did not have enough Cat I CME by the deadline and he was given time to get in all in. IF NCCPA does not overturn their decision for a measly 2 Cat I CME's that you are short, then something is wrong with NCCPA. Especially if you can prove you did the CME before the deadline by submitting proof.

• 4 weeks later...

This same thing happened to me and I was suspended from work without pay. I had to take the PANRE, obviously as quickly as possible. I took it last Friday and am waiting for my results. I heard that results are usually released on Thursday's so I am refreshing my email every 5 min so that I can go back to work! Has anyone taken the exam on. Friday and gotten results the next Thursday!? Thanks!

Archived