Ipad apps for the medical professional

Hi everyone!

I was just wondering what Ipad/Iphone apps people have found to be of value as a practicing PA or student PA.

I'll go first!

Medscape - excellent source of lots of medical material and current news articles (free)

Micromedex - great pharmacological app (free)

Radiology 2.0: One night in the ED - Doesn't get much better than this. Scrollable CTs of many different ED diagnoses. Explanations follow up each case (free)

CTisus iQuiz: Not used much, but similar to above with video explanations. Great so far! (free)

Rubins Pathology Flash Cards: Good to quiz during a slow rotation day... (free)

Anyone know of any other great (free or paid) apps? Hoping to find a good neuro app...

AHRQ ePSS: USPTSF recommendations. Enter a patient's age, sex, whether smoker, and sexually active. Get the updated task force screening recommendations with graded level of evidence

ACIP IA: Immunization advisor. Enter age, clinic on medical conditions, get suggested immunizations (this one is pretty straightforward)

• 2 weeks later...

i love looking for apps for my ipad/iphone. the problem is that the itunes store is messy. it needs to be better organized and have better search feautres. but i love using my ipad apps as reference for work and for my continuing education (dont use my beloved iphone much b/c it's physical decline with age).

-highly recommend the essentials deluxe epocrates suite. it includes meds, drug interactions, dx's, labs, med dictionary, icd 9 and cpt codes, and more. the price is worth it! i used it throughout pa school, use it double check things in my internal med job and used it extensively during my panre studies. i am curious though b/c atenahealth is about to purchase epocrates. so im wondering what will happen to it and what will happen to my shares of stock i purchased in it.

-ICD-9 (2013), it has a nurse icon with a hat on. i use this app the most in work. helps me find the most specific code. great search features/explanations (better than epocrates). well worth the money.

the above 2 apps are the main ones i reference at work. below are others i find fun.

-imurmur. cool app that has sounds and info of murmus.

-ecg guide. nice ipad educational app.

thanks deborah for your recommendations of

-AHRQ ePSS: USPTSF recommendations

-ACIP IA: Immunization advisorr

they rock and been looking for something like them for quite some time.

now ive been searching for a good anatomy app. any suggestings? i like the grays anatomy for students b/c it has descriptive info. i had the netter's for my first iphone but wasnt too crazy about it.

• Administrator

With EPIC to do all my drug interactions and ICD-9 code lookup, and UpToDate accessible from every in-room computer, I have absolutely no desire to pay for anything. I still use Medscape occasionally to verify dosage ranges, but that's about it. I survived PA school without Epocrates, and I'm not needing it now.

Archived