Class of 2016

does anyone know if it's too late to apply? I am considering applying for the Jan 2014 start, but I know it's already almost July, and applications are due by August 1st. My GRE is done with, and all I have to do is submit my CASPA application. If anyone can give me any advice, I would greatly appreciate it!! Thank you :)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Payald, If you're ready to submit it, go for it. The sooner the better. The deadline is coming up in a month. I encourage you to apply now so you have the possibility of getting in the next class. Just make sure you're phenomenally prepared for an interview should you be invited.

Let me know if you have any other ?'s.

Rob II

I was accepted today! Interviewed on the 28th of June and received a phone call yesterday, but I missed it! :) What a long night! I thought I was going to miss them before the holiday weekend started. Either way, very excited to be offered by Mercer. Went to the interview completely open and everything just felt wonderful.....except the humidity! haha Seriously, for me, Mercer is now #1 on my list of schools. If you get an interview offer I would highly recommend going and meeting their faculty. They have a wonderful staff. Meagreed, are you from Indiana and interested in PEDs? If so, we interviewed together and I hope you hear some good news soon!

so my application is under review, and i spoke to admissions regarding my application and GRE score..and they said to wait for an email..i'm not sure if this means its good or bad?! ahhh freaking out. i'm really hoping i hear something back that's positive!

I submitted my CASPA 3 weeks ago, and my supplemental app 2 weeks ago... I just received an interview offer in email form this afternoon around 5pm for this Friday the 26 - very short notice! My dilemma is that I am currently out of town interviewing for another school... and this interview process includes both tomorrow and Friday! ahhh! Does anyone know Mercer's policy on rescheduling? Mercer is my #1 but I would hate to burn a bridge and skip town for Mercer's interview and kill my chances elsewhere. Yet even worse I'd hate to miss out on this awesome opportunity! Anybody care to shed some light?

Hello! I applied to Mercer a few weeks ago and wanted to see if they accept GRE scores below 300? I was just a shy away from it, but have past the minimum requirements for each section of the test. I have a GPA of a 3.42, postbac GPA of a 3.87 and a science GPA of a 3.34. I wanted to see my chances of possibly getting an interview given those stats.

For those who had to reschedule interviews, I called admissions and spoke with Emily Foster. I told her I was out of town on personal business and could not make the interview. I asked her if I could be placed in the next possible interview session, and apparently that will not be until the end of August. I believe they only hold end-of-month sessions, so I guess that means Mercer will only conduct 2 more interview sessions (maybe 3? I know someone who spoke with admissions and they stated there is going to be one more in October). I know Mercer makes their final decisions mid-October.

Archived