Post-bacc or work experience first?

Hello! I am going to do a post-bacc with the intent of boosting my GPA requirements and getting a masters degree. I am also taking 1 additional gap year dedicated specifically just to work and get PCE. My dilemma is whether I should get my PCE first or get my masters from a post-bacc program first. I am sure that I want to do each separately for a total of 2 gap years. Any advice is much appreciated! 

I agree with the above that the most important thing is to be sure of your goal and working/shadowing is a good way to do that.

I understand why you might be trying to improve your GPA. As far as taking that far enough to getting a masters, I would suggest that -- if you really want one -- it be geared towards another career you would be willing to pursue if the PA dream somehow winks out for you.

• Upvote 2

Hello everyone,

I am a current PA student at the CUNY School of Medicine - PA Program (class of 2025) and current President of the PA Club. We are hosting an event tomorrow, it will be both in person and online at 3 pm. If you're interested be sure to fill out the registration on the flyer.

Link for registration: https://forms.gle/kWAHa6s9r3rLFzPQ7

It is a free event and it is part of our PA Week events.

WHAT IS A PA Conference Flyer.png