Insurance carriers

• Administrator
6 hours ago, annazbird said:

I am changing jobs and being asked “what insurance I am in”

How can you validate the insurances you are in? 

Is there a general number to contact? 

Is it safe to assume if you worked in a hospital then you are in all plans? 

So, it will depend. You may or may not be credentialed with everyone, but are likely credentialed with major plans. That's about all the help I'm going to be, as I avoid getting credentialed by random commercial plans.

• Thanks 1

On 9/19/2023 at 2:41 PM, iconic said:

You want to contact the credentialing person at your most recent job

I'm a little perplexed by this question they asked, which could mean that things have changed since I left practice 4 years ago. Usually insurance companies credential a PA as connected to specific practice. When I left my (employee) practice to start my own, I had to go through a grueling 90 day process to be re-credentialed, even with those insurnces I had worked with for years. But things may have changed or different in a particular state.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmj11 said:

I'm a little perplexed by this question they asked, which could mean that things have changed since I left practice 4 years ago. Usually insurance companies credential a PA as connected to specific practice. When I left my (employee) practice to start my own, I had to go through a grueling 90 day process to be re-credentialed, even with those insurnces I had worked with for years. But things may have changed or different in a particular state.

I know that at least with Cigna and UHC I am individually credentialed and have signed contracts with fees as a behavioral health provider; it did not take them much time for them to approve me when I changed practices. I am not an expert on the topic tho. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

There are definitely changes compared to 10 years ago. I was never asked to provide infornation on insurance I am credentialed with at start of my career inbprivate practice. However it seens to be the standard currently for private practice( based on recent experience). Hospital credentialing is extensive(90 days) and have not requested infirmation on ibsyrance credentialing. My guess is, the info is obtained during the credentialing process.

Ps:

I contacted CAQH AND it was brought to my attention all credntuslibg info was available on my CAQH account. 

Edited by annazbird