Good samaritan to the rescue

18 hours ago, rev ronin said:

Looks like birdshot at a modest distance, based on the pattern. Do you know anything about the bore (12 ga? 20?) shot size, or load? Any info on circumstances?

Intentional assault. I am guessing 20G or 410 as he still had a leg. Reported as fairly close(under 20 feet). The good samaritan was a former military medic working nearby who carries a tourniquet at all times.

I keep a RAT TK on my belt. This reinforced my plan to continue doing so. 

Just now, rev ronin said:

I keep one in my backpack, which is usually within arm's reach, up to 20-30' away at home or in clinic.

Good plan. I have them in each car as well as one in my work bag and one in my missions bag for Haiti. 

Once you take a TCCC course, you never want to be too far away from one....

19 minutes ago, SedRate said:

Thanks for sharing. Do you have a lateral? I'm guessing it missed femoral/popliteal a as bone is intact and had a bunch of muscle bleeding. (Could definitely have spasm from shockwave.) Or did it hit posteriorly? One view is no view, lol 😋

one view only. Anterior impact. CT showed small fractures. Don't have the CT pix. 

31 minutes ago, EMEDPA said:

one view only. Anterior impact. CT showed small fractures. Don't have the CT pix. 

Yea, prob incomplete fx of just the one cortex where some of the pellets hit. Glad to hear no arterial injury. Muscle bleeds a lot. Nice to know there are good Samaritans out there equipped with tourniquets just in case.