TUFTS 2023-2024

18 minutes ago, FuturePA2324 said:

I received an email on 5/17 titled "Important Information for your Tufts PA Application" that was sent to all applicants. Was there another email that I should have received? I am a little worried that my application is not complete.

I received that email back on 5/4 and later that morning I received an email stating my application is complete and will be undergoing review.

5 hours ago, Gastrocnemius said:

I received that email back on 5/4 and later that morning I received an email stating my application is complete and will be undergoing review.

Did you do anything other than submit through CASPA? CASPA had received all of my transcripts, LORs, gre score, etc. but I never got the second email after applying.

1 hour ago, FuturePA2324 said:

Did you do anything other than submit through CASPA? CASPA had received all of my transcripts, LORs, gre score, etc. but I never got the second email after applying.

No, I don’t recall doing anything else. Maybe it’s just because you submitted a bit after me? Could be that they’re just swamped with applications and are slowly working through them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kcc56 said:

when did you submit? don’t know if they send out the first round all at the same time or not..ahhh plus what were your stats if you don’t mind me asking? worried about my gpa lol

i submitted the May 15th and received an email confirming my application on 22nd. 
My stats:

BS in biology

both science & overall is 3.5 or 3.6 I think. 
my PCE: around 5000 i know it’s crazy a lot but I took a gap year and worked full time throughout college

I didn’t take the GRE

I have less than 100 of research 

I was volunteer emt so it’s included in that 5000. And another 100 at local hospital. 
I know my PCE hours is a lot compared to the average but please do not be discouraged because just like other applicants I have my flaws and hiccups in my application. Let me know if you have more questions 🙂 and good luck !! I hope you receive an interview soon!

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, nyprepa said:

Did anyone who applied early June (11th) get any email stating it was under review? 

The last correspondence I got was:

We are writing to notify you that we have received all of the required materials for your application to the Physician Assistant Program at Tufts University School of Medicine. Your application is now complete, and has been forwarded to the PA Admissions Review Committee for a review of your pre-requisites.

If you have fulfilled all pre-requisites to their satisfaction, the next step in our admissions process is for the review committee to assess your application and decide if they would like to offer you a virtual interview. The Review Committee meets from mid-May to mid-September to make these decisions, and you may receive an invitation at any time during this period.'

So I think it is under review? 

On 6/23/2023 at 11:50 AM, nyprepa said:

Hmm, I didn't get that. When did you apply and do you think I should reach out to admissions? 

I got the exact same email saying my app was complete and moving on to the PA admissions community literally an hour after I applied so if you haven't got one it might be worth reaching out. 

Edited by Chaoticscissortail

I interviewed yesterday as well and really enjoyed it! It was set up with a presentation and Q&A with current students and then two one on one interviews. It definitely felt more like a conversation than an inquisition which was really relaxing and they left a lot of time for me to ask them questions!

• Like 2

On 6/9/2023 at 3:42 PM, Gastrocnemius said:

Well dang, don’t think I’ll be getting an interview then. Verified 5/4 so I’m sure they’ve seen my app already. My PCE was right above the mean and my GPA was well above it, don’t know what fault they felt I had 

I stand corrected! Got invited for July’s interview date. Guess they reassessed after the first round and decided they liked me again haha.