Lipscomb 2023-2024 Application cycle

Hey everyone,

So I applied in mid-June, and finally received an “eligible for interview” status in August. Is anyone else still awaiting an official interview date? I’m nervous since I haven’t heard anything since then. I’m also a current student at Lipscomb pursuing my masters. Any current/former students applying to the program as well?

7 minutes ago, AFuqua said:

How was the interview process if you don’t mind me asking? I’ve heard it’s group and individual? What type of questions did they ask?

I interviewed there as well and can also add. They have a group interview - a discussion of varying questions, a traditional individual interview, and a writing sample. The faculty was very nice and came from strong, smart backgrounds. They let you know if you are accepted vs. on a "provisional" list towards the end of the day. Good luck!

14 minutes ago, bribear989 said:

Not a Lipscomb student, but I received “interview eligible” status a week after applying in early July & have not heard anything in the past two months. 

That makes me nervous. I saw that other people received their official date the next day after their status changed to interview eligible. 

5 hours ago, AFuqua said:

That makes me nervous. I saw that other people received their official date the next day after their status changed to interview eligible. 

I guess it depends on if they are the type of school to flat out reject you early on in the cycle while keeping us "interview eligible" even though they have already decided to reject ORRR we are still in a pool of candidates that may make the last half of the interview dates. Waiting gameeeee!

I got a weird email from them over the weekend. It started with this:

"Dear Applicant:

We want to take a moment to express our sincere gratitude for your patience and understanding as we diligently review and rank the many applications we've received for this application cycle. Your commitment to pursuing a career in healthcare and your interest in our program is greatly appreciated."

And it was a long paragraph. Not sure why they sent this lol? Did others get it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoadtoPASchool2001 said:

"Dear Applicant:

We want to take a moment to express our sincere gratitude for your patience and understanding as we diligently review and rank the many applications we've received for this application cycle. Your commitment to pursuing a career in healthcare and your interest in our program is greatly appreciated."

And it was a long paragraph. Not sure why they sent this lol? Did others get it?

I also got this email as well

4 hours ago, RoadtoPASchool2001 said:

"Dear Applicant:

Got this email too! I figured it was to just say that they’re still working on looking at our application. 

I interviewed with Lipscomb on 9/1, and their program really impressed me. I was put on their "provisional list" or "waitlist", but I am just curious to know if anyone has insight on how hopeful that is? Has anyone attended an interview here and been rejected, or do they simply put all interviewers into this category? Also, does anyone know if they heavily utilized this list to fill their past cohorts? TIA!

4 minutes ago, road2PA2023 said:

I interviewed with Lipscomb on 9/1, and their program really impressed me. I was put on their "provisional list" or "waitlist", but I am just curious to know if anyone has insight on how hopeful that is? Has anyone attended an interview here and been rejected, or do they simply put all interviewers into this category? Also, does anyone know if they heavily utilized this list to fill their past cohorts? TIA!

I, too, was put on their provisional list. I agree though. I really liked their staff and the idea of Nashville - coming from California. I talked to one of the students the day of, and she said nearly half of her class was taken from the provisional list. This gives me some hope, but don't rely too heavily on this information. 

1 minute ago, lovePAxox said:

I, too, was put on their provisional list. I agree though. I really liked their staff and the idea of Nashville - coming from California. I talked to one of the students the day of, and she said nearly half of her class was taken from the provisional list. This gives me some hope, but don't rely too heavily on this information. 

Thank you for the response! That does give me some hope. I have been so curious to know how many people got accepted the day-of. Im glad you enjoyed the program as much as I did - hopefully we hear something back soon.

1 minute ago, road2PA2023 said:

Thank you for the response! That does give me some hope. I have been so curious to know how many people got accepted the day-of. Im glad you enjoyed the program as much as I did - hopefully we hear something back soon.

Yeah, no problem. Idk how many interviews they've had in total - definitely a lot more than other schools. But it seems like from my group and the group following me, there were like 2-3 people accepted at a time. Keep in mind that they have a class of 50 🙂 Ther right school will come regardless. 

Edited by lovePAxox

On 9/15/2023 at 2:31 PM, road2PA2023 said:

On my interview day (from august), 5 people were accepted that day but I guess that number can vary on each interview date

On 9/11/2023 at 8:48 AM, RoadtoPASchool2001 said:

"Dear Applicant:

I got the same email on 09/07! And I haven't heard anything else. I believe I applied around mid-june.

On 9/29/2023 at 12:08 PM, diapa said:

I applied back in July, I never received an eligible to interview email so maybe I was missing a requirement that I wasn't aware about when I applied

They will email you about missing requirements or requirements that need additional documentation (ie. syballus/course descriptons). At least they did that for me... they might not have gotten to your application yet

• 2 weeks later...