UTSW 2023-2024 Application Cycle

1 hour ago, ColdPillow said:

Question to everyone who has interviewed (wether or not u were accepted): Did any of y'all have a C in any pre-req class? even just 1 C in a pre-req. Im trying to see if they have that unspoken cutoff like some schools, where they won't even look at u if u have a C in a prerequisite class. 

No, I did not. But I did have a C and C+ in non-prereq classes.

1 hour ago, NotSaika said:

No, I did not. But I did have a C and C+ in non-prereq classes.

Thanks for your reply, i'm hoping others can also lmk, it helps me analyze what I need to do for next cycle. Yeah i've seen many people get accepted with Cs in other classes but im assuming the Cs in pre reqs is a red flag for most programs. Which makes sense

On 10/11/2023 at 1:44 PM, ColdPillow said:

Question to everyone who has interviewed (wether or not u were accepted): Did any of y'all have a C in any pre-req class? even just 1 C in a pre-req. Im trying to see if they have that unspoken cutoff like some schools, where they won't even look at u if u have a C in a prerequisite class. 

I had a C in non pre-req classes as well but not any of my pre-req

On 10/11/2023 at 4:20 PM, ColdPillow said:

Thanks for your reply, i'm hoping others can also lmk, it helps me analyze what I need to do for next cycle. Yeah i've seen many people get accepted with Cs in other classes but im assuming the Cs in pre reqs is a red flag for most programs. Which makes sense

I saw that you were a re-applicant and just wanted to let you know UTSW auto-rejects third time applications. It was one of the things they said during interview day. I'm not sure if this applies to you but would just like to put it out there so people save their money.

2 minutes ago, NotSaika said:

I saw that you were a re-applicant and just wanted to let you know UTSW auto-rejects third time applications. It was one of the things they said during interview day. I'm not sure if this applies to you but would just like to put it out there so people save their money.

That's incorrect actually. They reject 3rd time applications who have already been interviewed at least two cycles. They have a 2 interview policy basically, but as far as applying and getting rejected without an interview, they do not limit that. You can apply as many times as you want until you've been interviewed for 2 tries. From that point they will not allow any more.

13 minutes ago, ColdPillow said:

That's incorrect actually. They reject 3rd time applications who have already been interviewed at least two cycles. They have a 2 interview policy basically, but as far as applying and getting rejected without an interview, they do not limit that. You can apply as many times as you want until you've been interviewed for 2 tries. From that point they will not allow any more.

I stand corrected. I missed the key differentiating factor when listening to the presentation. You're right.

To other interviewees: did you let UTSW know of your other acceptances? I just recently got my first acceptance from another school, but UTSW is still my first choice, and I am still awaiting a response after interviewing on 9/30. Veronica did say to let UTSW know if you got accepted elsewhere so they can either rush your acceptance/decision or tell you good luck with life. I'm a bit terrified of that to be honest.

Edited by NotSaika

On 11/1/2023 at 5:42 PM, PAHILWAYTWO said:

Anyone received an interview invite for the November dates yet? 

If I’m not mistaken, from previous years I haven’t seen any November interview dates. I gathered the last dates were in December and January. I’m not sure if that will be the case this year. If anyone from previous interviews have any insight that’d be great !

3 minutes ago, las00 said:

If I’m not mistaken, from previous years I haven’t seen any November interview dates. I gathered the last dates were in December and January. I’m not sure if that will be the case this year. If anyone from previous interviews have any insight that’d be great !

Last year I don't believe there were, but this year there is, according to the UTSW website. https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/education/school-of-health-professions/programs/physician-assistant-studies/frequently-asked-questions.html

If u click "interviews" it'll show the potential interview dates this year. There is one session November 17/18

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, LMGPA said:

I just received an invitation for an interview this weekend ! Does anyone know if its possible to reschedule an interview for next week or is this the last interview date? I saw online that they have interviews from August to November. 

Yes, you can reschedule. However, the next interview dates are in December and January. Link: FAQs: Master of Physician Assistant Studies - UT Southwestern, Dallas, TX. For my interview, I got called to come in the night of...but I chose to reschedule and everything went fine. From UTSW PA-C, they recommend earlier interview dates so there is a smaller pool of applicants to be considered with.