UTSW 2023-2024 Application Cycle

2 hours ago, Chaoticscissortail said:

Has anyone heard anything? The most exciting thing I have gotten was an in-state residence questionnaire

Not yet! We are actually quite early. Last year they sent invites out 21-30 days prior to each interview date, so I would assume they start sending out invites in August since the first interview date is in September. So we have a while to wait haha

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chaoticscissortail said:

Is anyone comfortable sharing other schools they are applying to?  I'm applying here, Medex, OHSU, UNT, Emory, and a few others.

i’m applying to like 20 schools, Im a 2nd year reapplicant and I’m determined this cycle LOL

10 hours ago, Chaoticscissortail said:

Is anyone comfortable sharing other schools they are applying to?  I'm applying here, Medex, OHSU, UNT, Emory, and a few others.

I'm applying to only 3- UTSW, UNT, Tech. I am very stubborn tho and only want to get into either UTSW or UNT, not sure why I applied to Tech if I wouldn't go there, but oh well I guess it'll be for the experience just in case I get interviewed or if I change my mind.

22 minutes ago, Chaoticscissortail said:

Oh, that's funny, I was born and raised here in Texas, and UTSW and UNT are the only schools in Texas I am applying to because I want out of Texas 😛  
But I think also applying to Tech is good, if all else, extra interview practice can't hurt.

Right, that's what I figured, it is good interview practice if nothing else. Although looking back, quite expensive just for interview practice haha. CASPA fee + Supplemental fee of like $75

On 5/31/2023 at 2:54 PM, OKPAb19 said:

i’m applying to like 20 schools, Im a 2nd year reapplicant and I’m determined this cycle LOL

God I feel this on a spiritual level. 2nd year applicant, submitted 5/25 and ✨nothing✨ yet. I’m applying to 15ish schools this cycle since I didn’t submit until late September last year. 

15 minutes ago, Motherofterror said:

God I feel this on a spiritual level. 2nd year applicant, submitted 5/25 and ✨nothing✨ yet. I’m applying to 15ish schools this cycle since I didn’t submit until late September last year. 

I applied late July! I maade sure I did it super early this year because of all those rolling admissions😅😂

This might be a dumb question yall but on the residency form where it says:

"What Texas public institution did you last attend? (Give full name, not just initials.)"

Do they only mean schools within the UT system? Because technically, the last university I attended that was public in Texas was Austin Community College.  ( I graduated UT Austin several years ago)

On 6/1/2023 at 9:07 PM, Motherofterror said:

I am also a 2nd-year applicant but I only applied to 3 schools last year. Not making that mistake again and going for 15+

10 hours ago, Chaoticscissortail said:

This might be a dumb question yall but on the residency form where it says:

"What Texas public institution did you last attend? (Give full name, not just initials.)"

Do they only mean schools within the UT system? Because technically, the last university I attended that was public in Texas was Austin Community College.  ( I graduated UT Austin several years ago)

nah I doubt it means ONLY in the UT system. I’m sure they want you to put your last institution attended that is within Texas. Since the Austin community college is technically the most recent, I’d put that. Keep in mind that UT Austin is a public university, not private, so if UT Austin was the most recent one you attended you should input that one.

On 5/30/2023 at 10:00 PM, ColdPillow said:

Submitted CASPA on 5/28/23, Verified by 5/30/23, Submitted residency questionnaire through UTSW on 5/30/23.

I'm an in-state, 2nd-time applicant

Good luck to us all 😁

Is the residency questionnaire the supplemental app? I just submitted through CASPA today and wasn’t sure if I’m looking for a link or if it’s gonna be sent to me in a couple days 🙃🙃

4 hours ago, Motherofterror said:

Is the residency questionnaire the supplemental app? I just submitted through CASPA today and wasn’t sure if I’m looking for a link or if it’s gonna be sent to me in a couple days 🙃🙃

Yes, UTSW doesn't have a supplemental portion to their application in which you have to write more essays, etc like some other programs. They do send you an email requesting that you complete their residency questionnaire and complete your account setup (its all explained in detail within the email and has links so no need to stress), from the portal, you can see your status and if all required materials like the GRE has been received by UTSW. Since you just submitted CASPA today, be on the lookout for an email from them within the next couple of days. It'll explain the steps.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ColdPillow said:

Yes, UTSW doesn't have a supplemental portion to their application in which you have to write more essays, etc like some other programs. They do send you an email requesting that you complete their residency questionnaire and complete your account setup (its all explained in detail within the email and has links so no need to stress), from the portal, you can see your status and if all required materials like the GRE has been received by UTSW. Since you just submitted CASPA today, be on the lookout for an email from them within the next couple of days. It'll explain the steps.

Thank you so much for this info!!