UTSW 2023-2024 Application Cycle

10 hours ago, PA209418 said:

Exercise science major with a 3.98 GPA. I had 2000+ hours as a ER scribe and about 300 as a CNA. I volunteered in a lab at my university researching movement and physical activity epidemiology. I also did a 180 hour internship doing cardiac stress testing. I am an in state applicant too if that helps!

Did you have fun with the interview? I'm super excited for it!

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, MysticCorgi said:

I'm sorry guys ;( likely moving on to my 3rd cycle too sadly. Did u guys interview or did they send it without interviewing?

For me it was without interview. Good luck to ya tho! If u don't get a rejection letter today then looks like ur still in the running. They seem to send them in batches

16 minutes ago, Whitecoatinprogress said:

Did you guys do covid optional essay? Those who got rejected? Got rejected as well. Please let me know if you all completed covid essay section and got interview/rejected. I feel like i am getting rejected due that as one of the reason. 

Thank you in advance! congrats and Good luck to everyone else who are still running!

I completed the COVID essay section and was rejected 

Edited by olaureno

25 minutes ago, Whitecoatinprogress said:

Did you guys do covid optional essay? Those who got rejected? Got rejected as well. Please let me know if you all completed covid essay section and got interview/rejected. I feel like i am getting rejected due that as one of the reason. 

Thank you in advance! congrats and Good luck to everyone else who are still running!

I also completed the COVID essay section, and was rejected.

1 hour ago, Whitecoatinprogress said:

I did it & got rejected weeks ago.

4 hours ago, Whitecoatinprogress said:

I didn’t do COVID essay. Interviewed on 9/8, but haven’t heard back yet. 

22 hours ago, Cim5069 said:

I’m still waiting on this one too. Based on what I can remember, if we don’t hear this week we’ll most likely hear closer to end of January. 

On 10/4/2023 at 10:43 AM, millie2023 said:

Has anyone heard back from the 9/30 interview? This is my top choice I am nervous haha!!

Haven't heard back yet. I think they really got us on our toes when they said top candidates get responses in 1-2 weeks LOL! From a former UTSW PA-S (who was definitely a top candidate, now a PA-C), they're saying most people will get their acceptances in January. Very, very, very few just 1-2 weeks after the interview.

Edited by NotSaika

On 10/4/2023 at 1:02 PM, Cim5069 said:

I’m still waiting on this one too. Based on what I can remember, if we don’t hear this week we’ll most likely hear closer to end of January. 

I just wanted to update. I got the acceptance call at around 4:30! Good luck to you all, I really look forward to meeting y’all/see y’all again from Saturday 🙂  

• Like 1

Hey guys!

I have created a GroupMe for those who have accepted their seat in the incoming cohort! I am an applicant that interviewed during the 9/8 weekend. Looking forward to meeting you all and wishing all the best to everyone applying!

UTSW C/o 2026 GroupMe

Let me know if there are any issues joining the group!

Edited by syn3rgypac
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, millie2023 said:

I also got an acceptance call around 4:30!! Good luck to everyone, we will all be great PAs one day!

CONGRATS!! I've probably met you at the interviews. Did you get any indication you were a top candidate during the interviews and/or any outstanding stats? I remember receiving a lot of "excellent answer"s during the interview that really got me on my toes. My hopes are too high 🙂

Edited by NotSaika

On 10/6/2023 at 11:13 AM, syn3rgypa333 said:

Hey guys!

I have created a GroupMe for those who have accepted their seat in the incoming cohort! I am an applicant that interviewed during the 9/8 weekend. Looking forward to meeting you all and wishing all the best to everyone applying!

UTSW C/o 2026 GroupMe

Let me know if there are any issues joining the group!

I cant join it, it says cant find group. "This invite may be expired or you do not have permission to join."