OHSU CASPA 2023-2024

Can someone explain the difference between hold and alternate status post-interview? This was my top choice, so I am a little heartbroken but trying to stay positive. In previous years, one person explained that hold = they just hadn't gotten the chance to look over your application while others speculated whether it was (practically) a rejection. 

6 minutes ago, PDXfuturePA said:

Did either of you interview virtually? I’m kind of hoping they just haven’t gotten around to looking at all of the applications and are backed up. They said 4-6 weeks and today is the official 6 so they had to say something regardless of evaluating our applications or not. Idk just trying to stay hopeful 😭

I did a virtual interview since I'm an out of state applicant 

Current student if anyone has any questions, feel free to DM me!

For those asking about a current OHSU’s student experience - I love this program! There’s been so many times when I’ve been in awe of how affirming it has felt to be here. Faculty are very supportive and the curriculum is progressive, inclusive, and evidence-based. I can’t say enough good things about OHSU and I am so grateful to be here.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1