OHSU CASPA 2023-2024

13 hours ago, HopefullyPa2024 said:

@Cchar, was there a time limit per question to answer? Thank you! This is my first in person interview, and I am so nervous. 

They will give you more information closer to your interview with a layout of your exact day. Last year, you had 2 minutes to read the prompt/question and then once you entered the room there was 10 minutes to answer. You didn't need the full 10 and they told us to just answer the question and leave when we were done, not to ask them questions in the rooms. The good part about the MMIs is that you have many opportunities to impress people, and even if you do bad in one room you can make up in the others. So don't get down if you don't do well on one question! 

I also attended the tour last year which was really helpful! If they give you the opportunity, I would recommend so you can ask more questions and interact with the faculty and other applicants more. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, TheothePug said:

@Cchar, were all interviews in groups? Any moments to talk to faculty or interviewer 1 on 1? Thanks for helping 🙂

Out of the 8 rooms I had one group activity and one more traditional 1 on 1 room. All the others were more specific questions tailored to what they wanted. The 1 on 1 was more laid back and she asked me questions more tailored to my application. I do not remember if they had a specific Q&A portion where we were able to ask questions but I attended the tour which was really helpful to learn about the program, see all the different areas and labs, and ask questions then. I recommend if they offer it for you.  

It is a great program! Good luck!!! 

• Thanks 1

I interviewed with OHSU this week virtually. The program and entire experience have been nothing but positive! I have fallen in love with this program and hope that the adcoms look at my application and interview kindly. I am a low GPA and nontraditional applicant and I do believe that they stand firmly behind their mission, values and look at each applicant holistically. The interview questions were all straightforward and there were no questions or parts that I felt were out of left field. This is my second cycle and first and only interview this cycle so far, my first cycle was 2020 so this was a very big deal for me! They said that they will take 6 weeks before decisions will be made. A portion of the interview was recorded, and we were told would be reviewed later. 

On 9/13/2023 at 9:42 AM, RYRY4LIFE said:

Out of y’all who interviewed this last week, what was the setup for the MMIs? Anything you weren’t excepting?

The MMI you were alone with an adcom and they had a prompt that you had 2 minutes to read and think how you would respond and then had 9 minutes to answer. You were not required to use the full time and every one of my interviewers had at least a couple follow up questions based on my answer. The prompts were relatively straight forward and being somewhat knowledgeable about healthcare and OHSU would be the only way to really prepare, in my experience. I was not surprised or thrown off by any of the questions. I did not do a mock interview, I read through Savannah Perry's book and did a lot of self reflection and consideration of OHSU's mission and values. 

• Like 1

On 9/17/2023 at 5:06 AM, Mia95 said:

Hey guys! Happy to see this lovely forum where we can all connect. I just received my interview invite on Sept 16th. I’m super excited but also terrified. I am a non-traditional applicant and this is my first cycle applying. Wishing everyone the best! 

When were you verified? I am still waiting to hear back.

• 2 weeks later...

@PrePAgorl congratulations on the interview!! 🙂 honestly the program seems like one of the very few that very very much understands financial instabilities, so I do not think they would look down on you as an applicant for this. In addition, the selection process is “blind”, which removes bias.

Although personally, I do think an in-person interview can leave a strong and good impression if it’s a top school for you, but as stated before - it’s a blind selection so, hard to analyze haha.

Edited by TheothePug

Is there any current or recently graduated students here???

I recently got an acceptance to another program and wanted to ask about how you honestly feel or felt about the program and if you could do it again would you have attended OHSU or would you have went somewhere else??

if you could private message me I would appreciate it. I can share what program I got in and it would feel more open. I’m torn between the two programs. They are close in proximity if that gives you a few guesses.

2 hours ago, RYRY4LIFE said:

Is there any current or recently graduated students here???

I recently got an acceptance to another program and wanted to ask about how you honestly feel or felt about the program and if you could do it again would you have attended OHSU or would you have went somewhere else??

if you could private message me I would appreciate it. I can share what program I got in and it would feel more open. I’m torn between the two programs. They are close in proximity if that gives you a few guesses.

Congrats on your acceptance! Try searching for current students on The Pre-PA Club page on Facebook or there might be a forum for students here on the physician assistant forum. I was able to connect with current OHSU students on Facebook 

Any current student here? I wanted to ask what the implications are if a new student received a medical exemption for the COVID-19 vaccination. I know that the clinical year sites might be more difficult to find but in terms of the didactic here what is affected? Would a student with the Exemption be able to participate in the mentorship program at the local clinic during the didactic year? 

On 10/9/2023 at 10:23 PM, TheothePug said:

@PrePAgorl congratulations on the interview!! 🙂 honestly the program seems like one of the very few that very very much understands financial instabilities, so I do not think they would look down on you as an applicant for this. In addition, the selection process is “blind”, which removes bias.

Although personally, I do think an in-person interview can leave a strong and good impression if it’s a top school for you, but as stated before - it’s a blind selection so, hard to analyze haha.

when you say blind, do you mean the interviewers dont know anything about our background/ experience?