2023-2024 Application Cycle 

On 9/1/2023 at 8:11 PM, Megz1 said:

I just got an interview invite today! They gave me the option to choose for in-person vs virtual interview. I chose in-person. It’s a 2-day thing. Any tips from anyone who has done an interview with them would be appreciated! 

I did the 2-day interview at the end of August. Overall, a really great experience, and the MMI was not that bad. Make sure you know your personal statement and experiences. Otherwise not much prepping to do. Just focus on being able to converse casually with random topics they will pull.

On 9/1/2023 at 7:11 PM, Megz1 said:

I just got an interview invite today! They gave me the option to choose for in-person vs virtual interview. I chose in-person. It’s a 2-day thing. Any tips from anyone who has done an interview with them would be appreciated! 

Congrats! Can I ask what stats you had?

On 9/3/2023 at 12:48 PM, FonzPA said:

I did the 2-day interview at the end of August. Overall, a really great experience, and the MMI was not that bad. Make sure you know your personal statement and experiences. Otherwise not much prepping to do. Just focus on being able to converse casually with random topics they will pull.

Did they say anything about when you should hear back? I know some students heard back earlier than others last year. 

19 hours ago, FuturePA111118 said:

Did they say anything about when you should hear back? I know some students heard back earlier than others last year. 

They basically said if they liked/disliked you, then you would hear back within 1-2 weeks. If they still consider you but don't want to provide acceptance immediately then you could hear back latest December.

On 9/10/2023 at 2:59 PM, FuturePA111118 said:

I went to the dinner with students and they said that they let 1-2 people from each interview in within the first couple of weeks and the rest hear back by mid December.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, pafloridagirl said:

At this point in time, did any of your classmates not hear back for an interview?

Most of them did not hear back until the December deadline. I think there were a handful of people who were accepted right after the interviews. Not many. I interviewed Sept 12/13th, waitlisted Dec 16th, and pulled off the waitlist end of March. 

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Mim369 said:

Did you get a second review email from UF or was it a rejection at the initial review? Sorry I'm just nervous over here waiting. Its been crickets for me so far. 

Never got a second review email. Crickets are not bad always. Try to send an email and see what the timeline was and or is. 

• Upvote 1

Current UFPA second-year student: ask me anything! This thread helped me so much when I was applying. I didn't get an interview request until the end of October, interviewed 2 weeks later, heard back 2 weeks after that. All of the interviews in 2021 were virtual. 

I think what made me stand out is the quality of my clinical hours and my leadership experience. I worked in CVICU during Covid... enough said.

My stats:

310 GRE

2,000 Clinical hours as a CNA (1 gap year)

3.2 science GPA, 3.6 regular. Earned a C+ in multiple science pre-recs, withdrew from Orgo 2, but retook it

Extracurriculars: VP of large pre-health organization, 2 years of genetics research, 3 years as a TA, MOC volunteer (UF undergrad), rural women's health intern X2 summers

Edited by Ladybug25861
  • Like 2

On 10/18/2023 at 2:45 PM, PAC23 said:

I got rejected from UF today. Good luck everyone! I never received a secondary review email or an interview. Feel free to message me for my stats, but other than that, I submitted my app 7/05.

Can I get your stats? I haven't heard anything from UF and this is literally one of three programs I would love to get into it. 

Rejected without secondary review or an interview:

cGPA: 3.97

sGPA: 3.95

GRE: 316 cumulative (162 math, 154 verbal)

5.0 AWA

PCE: 2800 total

CASPer: 4th quartile

Shadowing: 53 PA, 32 MD

Volunteer: 247

Leadership: 144

Research: 350

4 LOR: 1 PA, 2 MD, 1 professor

Not sure how I didn't even get a shot at an interview. I don’t know how I could’ve done any better. Life is tough haha

Edited by FuturePA246810
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...