2023-2024 Application Cycle -- Harrogate Campus

5 hours ago, Masterchief113 said:

Have any of the interviewees from January 26th heard back about decisions yet? They told me I should know by last Friday and I heard nothing.

I interviewed on Jan 10th and I still haven’t heard anything yet 😕 hoping for the best

I spoke with the assistant admissions director yesterday and they told me they will be releasing their admission decisions sometime after 2/14. Im unsure if this is "officially shareable" as they could change their minds, but for those that were told they would hear by the end of January -- I hope this helps. 

If you have any questions in the mean time please feel free to DM me or email me at kaleb.albert@lmunet.edu

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KalebPA said:

I spoke with the assistant admissions director yesterday and they told me they will be releasing their admission decisions sometime after 2/14. Im unsure if this is "officially shareable" as they could change their minds, but for those that were told they would hear by the end of January -- I hope this helps. 

If you have any questions in the mean time please feel free to DM me or email me at kaleb.albert@lmunet.edu

I was told at my interview yesterday that we should have a decision on 2/16

47 minutes ago, WrestlingPA said:

Notorious, I was notified I am on the alternate list as well.  We were told during our interview the alternate list is very fluid so we have to stay positive and hope for the best outcome. 

3 hours ago, notorious said:

I just got notice that I’m on the alternate list and it’s not ranked

when did you interview?

1 hour ago, WrestlingPA said:

Notorious, I was notified I am on the alternate list as well.  We were told during our interview the alternate list is very fluid so we have to stay positive and hope for the best outcome. 

The letter said “alternate list for the class entering May 2026”. Did the school mean to say May 2024 with graduation year of 2026?

3 hours ago, paapplicant14 said:

do you think they pull people from the waitlist first or people who interviewed more recently?

Once everyone has interviewed then they are sorted based on their final score. No preference to if you were on the waitlist or not!

3 hours ago, wanderingPA said:

Anyone who has had an interview, do the interviewers stick to traditional questions during the 30 minutes?

traditional questions is a really vague term. It is rather conversational, they do tend to ask a few "give me an example of a time when.." questions. It will be a very casual interview!

18 hours ago, PAStudent7516 said:

Very true! If you focus on the big 5/ slightly behavioral, you will do great! 

Thank you! I guess I will focus on things like Why do you want to be a PA? and Tell me about yourself. in addition to having several examples / stories of things like

Strengths/weaknesses

A time of adversity

A conflict

Achievement or something that impressed me by a PA

etc.

Let me know if y'all can think of any other specific scenarios I should have a story for locked and loaded!

37 minutes ago, wanderingPA said:

Thank you! I guess I will focus on things like Why do you want to be a PA? and Tell me about yourself. in addition to having several examples / stories of things like

Strengths/weaknesses

A time of adversity

A conflict

Achievement or something that impressed me by a PA

etc.

Let me know if y'all can think of any other specific scenarios I should have a story for locked and loaded!

Highly recommend this resource for interview prep: https://linkpas.com/pa-school-interview-questions/

• Like 1

wanderingPA, first congratulations on your interview! I used a similar resource as what KalebPA recommended to feel mentally prepared for my conversation with the interviewing faculty. Also, don't stress yourself out. The LMU faculty and current students do a great job of making the interview process as relaxed as possible.

Edited by WrestlingPA