Uc Berkeley review?

I'm getting very mixed reviews on the uc Berkeley extension classes. I'm looking for a school that has all the advanced sciences ( biochem, genetics, immuno, cell biolog, pharmacology) in one location and uc Berkeley seems to be thr only school that has all that. Can anyone provide any feedback about these online classes, or suggestions of other schools that offer them? Thanks!

I took the immunology course. While I am glad that I did take it because the knowledge I gained has helped a lot in PA school, I must admit that I was pulling my hair out while I was enrolled. It was very difficult and the teacher was less than helpful. I was completely on my own. When I had a question I would either get no response or a response that did not clear up anything. The class is no walk in the park, but if you work very hard you will learn valuable material and may scrape by with a B+. Definitely not a class for those who need their hand held.

I'm currently taking genetics with Berkeley, it is pretty much learn on your own. It is alright if you can follow a self imposed schedule. There really is no real instruction. Follow the book and do as many questions as you can. There is also a 10-15 page paper that you have to write for genetics. Much fun to be had.

Archived