Physician Survey on Presidential Election

So, as soon as he disagrees with YOU politically it's time for it to stop? His medical/ethical opinion is no longer valid?

i can say ... it's been brewing for a while. one of the good things about political threads is it's a lot more free to speak your mind away from medically centered threads! err, not that this one isn't medically centered. um.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Naahh....

I know ALL I need to know about Mormonism, Islam, Christianity, Buddism, Taoism, etc...

More people are Phucked up, dead and mind boggled from them that not.

YOU forgot your citation for that reference. I'm sure it's found on any number of openly anti-Mormon websites. OLD news, tired efforts.

'More people are Phucked up, dead and mind boggled.....'

YOU are conveniently neglecting to mention the thousands of Mormons MURDERD by people with beliefs exactly like YOURS. And this took place in a country that was supposed to protect them. And yet politicians turned a blind eye and let it happen. Perhaps YOU are related to Lilburn Boggs and the Missouri Executive Order #44 AKA the EXTERMINATION order?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missouri_Executive_Order_44

So yeah, Mormons take up arms to protect their families from outright murder and oppression from local governments, forced to leave from every town they established then told that they had started a war and thus were ordered to be exterminated.

Is THAT 'Phucked up' as you so eloquently put it?

i can say ... it's been brewing for a while. one of the good things about political threads is it's a lot more free to speak your mind away from medically centered threads! err, not that this one isn't medically centered. um.

Once again, as long as his medical opinion lined up with yours and Contrarians then he was ok to post. But as soon as his personal political beliefs are put out there, and happen to be opposite of yours and Contrarians, it's time to put a stop to his comments. Yeah.....

This Guy is essentially the same as this Guy... charlatens.

Neither of their followers should be running the most powerful country in this world/on this planet.

In December 1843, under the authority of the Anointed Quorum, Smith petitioned Congress to make Nauvoo an independent territory with the right to call out federal troops in its defense.

Smith then wrote the leading presidential candidates and asked them what they would do to protect the Mormons. After receiving noncommittal or negative responses, Smith announced his own third-party candidacy for President of the United States, suspending regular proselytizing and sending out the Quorum of the Twelve and hundreds of other political missionaries.

In March 1844, following a dispute with a federal bureaucrat, Smith organized the secret Council of Fifty with authority to decide which national or state laws Mormons should obey. The Council was also to select a site for a large Mormon settlement in Texas, California, or Oregon, where Mormons could live under theocratic law beyond other governmental control. In effect, the Council was a shadow world government, a first step toward creating a global "theodemocracy". One of the Council's first acts was to elect Smith as "prophet, priest and king" of the millennial monarchy.

YOU forgot your citation for that reference.

You are conveniently neglecting to mention the thousands of Mormons MURDERD by people with beliefs exactly like yours. And this took place in a country that was supposed to protect them. And yet politicians turned a blind eye and let it happen. Perhaps YOU are related to Lilburn Boggs and the Missouri Executive Order #44 AKA the EXTERMINATION order?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missouri_Executive_Order_44

So yeah, Mormons take up arms to protect their families from outright murder and oppression from local governments, forced to leave from every town they established then told that they had started a war and thus were ordered to be exterminated.

Is THAT 'Phucked up' as you so eloquently put it?

persecution of a specific group is a lot different than choosing to put one of them in the role of potus ... which should be one with shoes filled by somebody who will fight for your freedoms. any oppression of individuals is heinous but should we talk about slavery or racism or homophobic crimes or situations of etc., etc. as well?

YOU are conveniently neglecting to mention the thousands of Mormons MURDERD by people with beliefs exactly like YOURS.

Oh.... but MY beliefs make no mention or sugggestion of murdering anyone... Believe what ever you want... but with that freedom stay clear of the whitehouse.

And nice try with the "we be the victims" spiel... cause apparently you Mormons "get yo bloody on" too... like this..

The militia, officially called the Nauvoo Legion, was composed of Utah's Mormon settlers (members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or LDS Church). Intending to give the appearance of Native American aggression, their plan was to arm some Southern Paiute Native Americans and persuade them to join with a larger party of their own militiamen—disguised as Native Americans—in an attack.

see: Mountain Meadows Massacre

This Guy is essentially the same as this Guy... charlatens.

Neither of their followers should be running the most powerful contry on this world.

I'm NOT a follower of Joseph Smith. I'm a disciple of JESUS CHRIST. That makes me a CHRISTIAN sir and NOTHING you have to say will ever change that. If you believe in the teachings of the the Old Testament it does not make you a follower of MOSES. If you believe in the teachings of the New Testament that does not make you a follower of PETER. You are a CHRISTIAN. I am a Christian, Jesus Christ is my LORD and Savior. Are THOSE beliefs allowed to run this country, in your almighty all-knowing opinion?

Once again, as long as his medical opinion lined up with yours and Contrarians then he was ok to post. But as soon as his personal political beliefs are put out there, and happen to be opposite of yours and Contrarians, it's time to put a stop to his comments. Yeah.....

Naaahh.... I've gotten dozens of PMs concerning why a NON-PA is so verbal about PAs and their issues and how appropriate it is on a PA forum...

As Heme stated.... "its been brewing" for a while.

I just watched and hoped that this person would take a step back and first take PA out of his/her screen name [i suggested he/she contact Banuchi month(s) ago] and second tone down the idea that he/she knows as much as he/she portends about a profession that he/she doesn't belong to.

Also... I could NOT care less about whether he/she or ANYONE on here agrees with me.... Hell... I don't agree with me a third of the time. Its the "internets" silly...

As was also stated...its a P-O-L-I-T-C-A-L thread... and therefore open to all medical politics.

Nursing versus PA... P-O-L-I-T-I-C-s... seems fair game.

Funny thing is... if YOU have been reading here... you'd know that Hemegroup and I really don't agree on much here on this forum.

Once again, YOU refer to OLD, tired arguments that have been hashed, rehashed and beaten into DUST. Kinda like that DEAD HORSE that you are so fond of posting. It's on YOU to come up with something NEW to prove your point.

Ohhh.... so ONLY the links YOU post are valid... and to be believed... GOT IT...:wink:

What nursing student sites are you on, may I ask? I'd be happy to head over to that forum and help out with any questions you or your fellows might have. Anyhow, this matter is going way off-track of the topic of this thread, so post what you like about it and I'll move on. Next ...

Anytime, anytime ... *nods off*

Ohhh.... so ONLY the links YOU post are valid... and to be believed... GOT IT...:wink:

Is that not YOUR same approach? GOT IT :wink:

And no, I don't seek out YOUR discussions with Hemegroup. I couldn't care less about that. And besides, supposedly not caring about what other people think sure amounts to plenty clashing on here by YOU and and people that disagree with YOUR opinon.

To whit, I have noticed how many people argue with YOU. To the point that I began to notice that one of the FEW persons to NOT bring on your ire was PAMAC, the same that is being thrown under a massive political/religious BUS.

So all of a sudden, after being on here for 3 years and over 3000 posts, I'm an insufferable poser? Never clashed with you in the past, Contrarian. Now, upon disagreeing with you on politics and religion, I'm persona non grata? Over political and religious difference of opinion?

Naahh... save the "drama"...

As was stated above... the "post-whooorish" nature on a forum of a profession that you don't belong to has been a issue for MANY for a while now. Your dissagreement with me is irrelevent as I don't really care about that.

What YOU or I personally think about religion or politricks is inconsequential... cause whats being discussed on this PA site will in NO WAY affect who gets elected in the next couple weeks.

As a matter of fact... my good friend and brother CAdamspac is a dedicated conservative and eats "Hope and Change" for lunch. We are political polar opposites on MOST (not all) things... But we are like "98 + 2".... 100%

Personally, I hold Conservative, Moderate, Middle, Liberal, and Independent views and notions about most things of a political nature... and these change daily, weekly, monthly, yearly.

Heme group, don't know what to tell you... I'm doing fine in school. Your psychoanalysis is about as spot on as some of your theories.... Like the hankerchief crib notes. As far as why I'm here... I've enjoyed the topics. I'm interested in the non physician provider field. I'm soaking it up. Frankly, i like to look into the minds of intense folks who know thier stuff, because that means i may pick up on the things that will make me comlete better in the work environment, and become a good provider. I think it's clear I'm moving in the direction of NP, but when I started here I wanted to absorb as much about the PA field as I could because that's what I wanted to do, and I wanted it pretty bad. So from what I've learned here, I think I've developed a good game plan for what I want to do. I learned how to write great essays. I've helped folks write essays that played a role in getting them into PA programs. Ive developed the ability to argue points, and pointed folks in the right direction. So yeah, maybe it's time to move on. Been feeling that way for a while myself. Contrarian is someone I respect for the most part (recent topics notwithstanding). You aren't impressive, though, and ive never taken you seriously.

Well, if you really are who and what you say you are, best of luck to you on your path in life. I'm glad that this forum helped you sort things out and I hope you won't be a stranger once you join the dark side.

Editorial: Where Are The Journalists?

Posted on Oct. 08

I have asked this question before, and will continue doing so until I get an answer that makes sense:

How nutty, how crazy, how scientifically indefensible does a candidate for President of the United States of America’s metaphysical belief structure have to be before that person in considered unworthy of the office?

Now come on folks, there’s gotta be a limit. So where is it? Does a candidate have to say he or she believes in animal sacrifices every Sunday in the Rose Garden before some reporter sits up and says, “Whoa!” ?

Okay, get a grip. Take a deep breath and come back down off the ceiling. Whew. Okay. I needed that.

Now, here’s the deal. This weekend the LDS Church held it’s semiannual convention in Salt Lake City, where the Mormons maintain their version of the Vatican. The church’s 182th General Conference where the reigning “prophet” and “apostles” handed down their latest memos from God.

Fine. I have no problem with any of that. After all, everyone needs to belong to a club or have a hobby. But it just so happens that this club’s conference coincides with a presidential campaign in which one of the two contenders just happens to be a high-ranking member of that particular “club.” That would, of course, be Mr. Willard Mitt Romney. And he not only is a member in good standing in the LDS club, but served as a Bishop, knows all the secret handshakes and follows all the rules.

At this weekend’s conference Mormon leaders told followers what it takes to toe the line so they can stay in line, with the rules. And not just any rules, but rules handed down personally by you know Who, entrusted solely to His chosen intermediaries in the LDS hierarchy.

So, why hasn’t any reporter, from any major media outlet, said a damn thing about the breathtaking amount of unadulterated crapola that spilled from the lips of the leaders of Mitt’s church this past weekend?

Here… read this and then wonder to yourself, “why wasn’t this freaking crazy enough to rouse the curiosity of Wolf Blitzer or Andrea Mitchell?

Top Mormon Leader: Children Of Same-Sex Couples Are ‘Victimized’

One of the top leaders within the Mormon Church, Dallin Harris Oaks, said Saturday that children who are raised by same-sex couples are “victimized.” Oaks, the fifth most senior apostle in the LDS Church, was speaking at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints’ General Conference, and also spoke at length against single-parenting.

“He urged parents and caregivers to respond to children who struggle, including with same-sex attraction, with ‘loving understanding, not bullying or ostracism’,” the Salt Lake Tribune reports:

He also cautioned that it should be assumed that kids raised by same-sex couples or unwed mothers will be at a disadvantage.

“Children are also victimized by marriages that do not occur,” Oaks said.

Discussing children who are LGBTQ, Oaks suggested they suffer from “psychological abuse.”

“When we consider the dangers from which children should be protected, we should also include psychological abuse.

Here’s a question for Mitt: Is it also psychological abuse for parents and adults in authority to teach impressionable children things that are provably untrue and downright intellectually and emotionally damaging? Is that abuse too, Mitt?

And is it wrong to teach followers things that make them view others, like gay people, as being defective, sinful and living outside celestial law? Is it right to teach hate under the guise of ’saving sinners?’ Is that right, Mitt?

(Side Note: It’s useful to remember in this regard that Mitt’s church had to be threatened with attack from the US Army before it got the “revelation” to dump polygamy as a core tenet of its liturgy. more than century later that same church crusaded and funded anti-same-sex Prop 8 in Calif. Just a bit of rich irony for you to chew on . Gratuitous I’m sure, but hey, it’s history.)

So where was Chuck Todd and Chris Mathews and the host of other DC reporters who eagerly flock each year to see and be seen at the White House Correspondent’s Dinner? (To dine and wine with “the enemy?”)

Also consider that this guy (Romney) picked a running mate who personally believes that rape is just another “method of conception” and not an excuse to allow abortion ... and is tangled up in the whole Todd Akin (R-MO) “legitimate rape” nonsense.

But yeah... this guy is fit to lead this country.... ok.

The question needs to be asked again...

How nutty, how crazy, how scientifically indefensible does a candidate for President of the United States of America’s metaphysical belief structure have to be before that person in considered unworthy of the office?

Also consider that this guy (Romney) picked a running mate who personally believes that rape is just another “method of conception” and not an excuse to allow abortion ... and is tangled up in the whole Todd Akin (R-MO) “legitimate rape” nonsense.

But yeah... this guy is fit to lead this country.... ok.

The question needs to be asked again...

That's your source? www.whatmittbelieves.net? How very thoroughly researched, reviewed and cited. Poorly played, once again. You reference anti-mormon sentiment with an anti-mormon website. Classic stuff. You are not the first nor the last to use the SAME weak-minded drivel that has been spread about the church since it's formation. Get some new material.

As it always does with people like you, it comes down to this: You will not change your stance, and neither will I. You are anti-mormon without any logical reason why other than your built in hate that has been spewed on this thread. You still have not answered anything about what YOU do believe. You only tear down the religion of others. That reveals you to be a close-minded religious BIGOT that this country was founded to protect against.

A brief Mormon history lesson for you, but you won't read it. Blah blah blah right? TRUTH:

A small church that began in the early 1800's started gaining traction and converts. Those converts obviously came from other denominations. When the religious leaders of those congregations realized they were losing to an upstart little church that didn't believe the same things from the Nicene Creed, they began to get angry. Those pastors/bishops/priests would then turn to the local town leadership (members of their congregations) for help. These men were lawyers, judges and lawmakers. They didn't like losing people, apparently. Those town leaders would then enact "legitimate" laws against the Mormons simply for being Mormon. And yes, these "legitimate" laws were based on fabrications and lies in order for it to look "legitimate". Did I mention that these laws were created by judges and by lawyers and by lawmakers? Men who were supposed to protect the rights of their fellow Americans. What better way to undermine and condemn a religion than to denigrate it's leader by creating multiple sworn statements admitting to crimes, then labeling him as a treasure hunter and gold-digger? Many of these 'laws' are STILL the basis of the hate that YOU and others like you so easily spew even today. These false documents, that have been proved to be such, are quoted regularly by bigots like you. These laws made it OK for strangers to pull Mormons out of their homes in the middle of the night, beat them, literally tar and feather them, and many times kill them. Tell me Contrarian, what would YOU do if your family was ripped from their beds in the middle of the night and beaten in the streets? Not only that, but the leaders of your community stood by and watched as it happened? The Mormons in these communities would band together for protection and would often times leave for a new town. Yes, they abandoned the homes that they had built themselves because if they didn't they would be killed. Let me remind you, this is taking place in AMERICA, land of 'religious freedom'. So these groups of Mormons were forced from their homes only to move to other towns that did not want them there for the same reasons as before, the local bishop/priest/pastor didn't like losing members. They also didn't like how organized these Mormons were. They could move into a town, build homes and farms in a very short time. So once again, they were attacked by mobs and driven out. It got to the point where they decided to move to a swamp to establish a settlement known as Nauvoo, a city which still stands today. The Mormons there became so numerous that the state became worried about their ability to resist. So the government authorized the military to force them out of their homes once again. All of this based on the lies that were created by more powerful men to try and destroy the Mormons. Mobs then murdered the leader of the church along with his brother and several others. They then left for Missouri where they eventually faced an EXTERMINATION ORDER by the GOVERNOR OF THE STATE. What other time in the history of our country has a GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL authorized the killing of an entire group of people SIMPLY BASED ON THEIR RELIGION? Is this not a country BASED ON FREEDOM OF RELIGION? So, in order to avoid being exterminated, the members of this small Mormon church decided to go West, beyond the reach of Governors and others like YOU Contrarian. They traveled 1500 miles to the Rocky Mountains to establish a community where they could be FREE to worship. Thousands had been murdered before they left and hundreds more would die in the trek across the plains. All for FREEDOM of religion.

You speak of intolerance, look in the mirror. You know nothing beyond what you have been told by those that are invested in seeing their former religion defaced and defamed. Your true self has been exposed on this thread. One of a BIGOT that has no beliefs of his own. All you have left is to tear down others to feed your gigantic ego that is so evident in every post you make. You are simply a man, nothing special, nothing more.

I can tell you this: Mitt Romney's belief structure makes him much more qualified to run this country than say a man like, well, YOU. A man that has no conviction of his own, but hatred towards others and their convictions.

I have nothing more to say to you. I leave you to wallow in your 'religious racism'.

I am forever grateful to my LORD and Savior, Jesus Christ, that I live in a country that allows me to worship as I choose, even if it took nearly a century for that statement to be true.

Haha.... Haha.... Haha.... Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....

[breath....]

Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....

More LDS Apologetics... by the "Wrain-Bashed"

Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....

That post reads/sounds like a conversation I once had (while eating a yummy "Bean Pie") ...decades ago in Chicago with a dedicated and serious dude who was a LOOOOOOOONg time member of the Nation of Islam.... you know... a follower of "The Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan."

Its all the same drivel/nonsense... just repackaged.

Carry on...

Personally, I don't care what Mormons or Nation of Islam members believe. Just don't think one should be the "leader of the free world"...

In private, he's [Romney] "demonstrative about his faith." In church, he "belt(s) out hymns." He fasts on designated days. Wherever he is, most often he finds a congregation "to slip into on Sundays." [Coool]

According to Mormon founder Joseph Smith and his successor Brigham Young, practitioners of other religions are wrongheaded, abominable, blind, damned, ignorant pagan heathens hatched in hell.

Romney buys this stuff. He follows church dogma and rules. Responding to critics about his religion, he once said:

"They would prefer it if I would simply distance myself from my religion, say that it is more a tradition than my personal conviction, or disavow one or another of its precepts."
"That I will not do. I believe in my Mormon faith and I endeavor to live by it. My faith is the faith of my fathers. I will be true to them and to my beliefs."

Mormon temples are only for strict adherents and its leaders. Secrecy surrounding them is extraordinary. Before church members can enter a temple, they're interviewed to determine worthiness.

They're asked if they support, affiliate with, or agree with any group or individual whose teachings or practices differ from church dogma? Romney gained entry. Blockage denies it to heaven. Repentance can change things.

Church ordinances include the Law of Consecration. It requires members to pledge all their time, money, and abilities to establish the Mormon kingdom of heaven on earth. Absolute obedience to the church president is also demanded.

If Romney buys this stuff and abides by it, as president he'll be beholden to a higher power than his own office and must obey what he's told to do.

If elected... the real "shot-callers" will reside in Utah...!!!!!

Haha.... Haha.... Haha.... Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....

[breath....]

Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....

More LDS Apolegetics... by the "Wrain-Bashed"

Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....Haha.... Haha.... Haha....

That post reads/sounds like a conversation I once had decades ago in Chicago with a dedicated and serious dude who was a LOOOOOOOONg time member of the Nation of Islam.... you know... a follower of the Minister Louis Farrakhan.

Its all the same drivel/nonsense... just repackaged.

Carry on...

More Bigotry. Your position is only defensible with insults.

Carry on...

Umm... insulting...??? What.... that I think Joseph Smith and Fard Muhammad could have suckled from the same teet... because they spew identical poision...???

Ohhh.. and the "bigotry" moniker is silly.

Why because as a MORMON/adherent to the code of the LDS church... YOU have to be a bigot.

According to Mormon founder Joseph Smith and his successor Brigham Young, practitioners of all other religions are wrongheaded, abominable, blind, damned, ignorant pagan heathens hatched in hell.

So stop acting like YOU believe and accept the teachings of the Budda, Tao, Moorish Science Temple, Vatican, Nation of Islam, Hebew Isrealites, Krishna, protestants, etc...

You ARE a "faithful" Mormon right...???

So umm.... as part of your obedience to the "prophets" in SLC Utah... yeah.... YOU are a BIGOT....!!!!

YOU are against gay marriage right...??? YOU are a Bigot.

FAIL....!!!!

TRy again

Whats insulting...????

Your beloved and sacrosanct belief system being compared with another one...???

You tossed out the title of bigot...

Isn't it true that your belief system condems ALL that don't believe as you do as lesser, uncivilized, wrongheaded, abominable, blind, damned, ignorant pagan heathens...???

Quick question Vaston... Are Jews, Catholics, Muslims, Bhuddists, Taoists, etc going to see salvation ...??

What about homosexuals....??? Are they going to see heaven..???

No....???? They you ascribe to a HUGE system of Insitutional BIGOTRY...!!

Let's see some Mormon Racism here

And now another adherent of that same institutional bigotry wants to be the leader of the free world and take all commands and ques from a bunch of bigots sequestered in Salt Lake City Utah talking to "god" and dispensing "revelations" and edicts...

Naaaaah. No Thanks

Once again, YOUR interpretation of the tenets of MY religion. Directed by falsehoods perpetrated by people that choose to hate, just like you.

You have been exposed to everyone on this forum to what you truly are.

Continue your anti-Mormon tirade, your hate is palpable. You lost the moral high ground a long time ago.

Goodnight Contrarian. Sleep well.

Archived