Physician Survey on Presidential Election

I was here in 2008. I agree, it is typically a lot of feelings and ideals and did i mention feelings..... Our country is in a mess and getting worse. I see no vision, plan or scheme by the current POTUS that will change this for the better. He is an expert no doubt, an expert at being a student community organizer and politition. I prefer an expert at business, cooperation, and success. We will see.

I will have no further comments on this topic.

May God have mercy on our country, our servicemen and our people.

I'm with you on this. Wearing my "Big Boy Pants & IBA" watching where this goes!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Romneys father marched for civil rights, and worked to that end as governor of Michigan, which was more of a liability at the time than a boost. I can still be an American and not be associated with difficult events in America's past.

And still irrelavent to the fact that he belonged to a organization that didn't even recognize these folks as human or even eligible for salvation in the afterlife... and sounds suspiciously convenent like a justifiction story dreampt up for elections...

Yeah... ok.... I was in the Nazi SS... and a camp guard, but in my spare time... marched to secure jewish rights...

What-ever...!!!

Trying to Justify it or even play past it is "suspect"...

May as well vote This Guy back in...

Please STOP...!!!

ETA: Nice try with the "Attended Rev. Wright's Church" addition edit...:heheh:

I'll just suggest that Obama attending the church of a mildly radical reverend, in a town (chicago where I was born and raised and YOU apparently have NO idea what the political environment is actually like, and an environment FAMOUS for its politics, wind and gangsters) polarized by racial and "gangsterized" politics, who mostly professes the christian doctrine and sometimes goes off script from that christian doctrine ... is quite a bit different that Romney belonging to a entire religion with CODIFIED and established, written doctrine that excludes a race of people from any thought of salvation based solely upon their skin color.

Naaah... just don't think its a apples and apples comparison.

Kinda a dumba$$ed analogy... sort of like you are suggesting that YOU could join the Arayan Nation or the KKK and fully support interracial marriages...

Try again... FAIL....!!!!

C; I trhink you took that a litte to personally as you replied. My point is this; Romney is to Mormans, as any white person is to segregation. Just because Romney is a Mormon (which by the way he isn't flaunting) doesn't make him insensitive. That kind of assumption and statement is what fans the flame of continued race discussion.

It's the same as saying that ANY white person of the same age, who grew up in the south, say Alabama, Mississippi.... is guilty by association and couldn't possibly represent a minority just because the stronger voices in the area still rallied for and supported segregation. ...I see the Nazi analogy you're attempting to make. As a Jew I'm higly sensitive to the history. But I don't agree with it.

BTW... in case you (Lipper) didn't know... I'm FAR from "Liberal" ... NOT even close to being totally or even Mostly conservative... and don't believe in... or buy/ascribe to the "Pay your FAIR SHARE" nonsense if that "FAIR SHARE" isn't a set share that applies to ALL Americans.

I personally don't believe that you/me/anyone should be expected to pay more because they/we sacrificed, delayed gratification, invested time and money, blood sweat and tears to innovate and study, and succeed...

NO.... I don't believe that because we/you payed your way through college with cash/loans or the GI bill, denied hedonistic pursuits and stayed up late nights to research and write the papers, complete the assignments, etc... to eventually make more in income, should pay a higher percentage in taxes than anyone who didn't do these things. We shouldn't pay any less... but definately not more...!!!!

Since this IS America... where we all are supposed to be equal... we should all be required to pay a equal share... and not be penalized for performing above and beyond the "norm."

I salute you.

Just because Romney is a Mormon (which by the way he isn't flaunting) doesn't make him insensitive.

Correct... flip back to the beginning of this race (2010) they started to "flaunt it" as he began verbalizing his interest in running prefaced with his "proud mormon heritage"... but then realized that it would be harmful so has deliberately downplayed it since.

BTW... in case you (Lipper) didn't know... I'm FAR from "Liberal" ... NOT even close to being totally or even Mostly conservative... and don't believe in... or buy/ascribe to the "Pay your FAIR SHARE" nonsense if that "FAIR SHARE" isn't a set share that applies to ALL Americans.

I personally don't believe that you/me/anyone should be expected to pay more because they/we sacrificed, delayed gratification, invested time and money, blood sweat and tears to innovate and study, and succeed...

NO.... I don't believe that because we/you payed your way through college with cash/loans or the GI bill, denied hedonistic pursuits and stayed up late nights to research and write the papers, complete the assignments, etc... to eventually make more in income, should pay a higher percentage in taxes than anyone who didn't do these things. We shouldn't pay any less... but definately not more...!!!!

Since this IS America... where we all are supposed to be equal... we should all be required to pay a equal share... and not be penalized for performing above and beyond the "norm."

I generally stay out of these discussions because there is never a winner or loser and people's minds are usually not changed. However, Contrarian said exactly what I think. Both sides of this argument believe in taking care of the people who TRULY need the help. We just differ on whose responsibility it is to provide this help. The whole reason I left a 30 year career and became a PA is to help those who need healthcare and can't afford it. I don't believe it is the Federal government's job to take care of my family, friends, or neighbors...it is mine.

OK, one more thing. I am not electing a priest, Pope , Iman, or preacher. I am electing a man with clutural values like my own, like contrarian so eloquently stated.. I am electing a man who I think will act in the best interest of my self, my children and my country. Romney has proven himself as a man capable of reproducing success after success. When you need success, go to someone who has proven himself successful...repeatedly.

I know he is a winner.

I know we are strong

Now, I have finished.

Now , I am

OK, one more thing. I am not electing a priest, Pope , Iman, or preacher. I am electing a man with clutural values like my own, like contrarian so eloquently stated.. I am electing a man who I think will act in the best interest of my self, my children and my country. Romney has proven himself as a man capable of reproducing success after success. When you need success, go to someone who has proven himself successful...repeatedly.

I know he is a winner.

I know we are strong

Now, I have finished.

Now , I am

Roger that! Out!

Under President Obama,

Bin Laden is gone. So that takes care of country.

Healthcare is improved for our country. So that takes care of self and country.

DADT is repealed with no complications (Google the study) and our military is now stronger. So that takes care of country.

Caps have been put on student loans as well as additional funding for Pell grants. As well as healthcare for children until age 26. So that takes care of kids ... (what was it Romney said, goto college if you can afford it? yea, no silver spoon in that mouth ...)

Our unemployment rate is declining, which means that on top of all the other immense projects our President has taken on while in office, he's been working hard on our economy as well. So that takes care of self, kids and country.

Here's a list of everything the President has done (or tried to do, since the Republicans blocked his Job bill simply for partisian reasons, just like they tried to block the Healthcare bill):

http://pleasecutthecrap.typepad.com/main/what-has-obama-done-since-january-20-2009.html

As the phrase so aptly states, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Oh, and as for Romney being a 'strong winner', you must have missed the video which caught him cheating during the debate.

Here it is for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RQeEx-6wgQ

Not the type of person I want in charge, sorry! Out!

Here's to 4 more years with a progressive President who thinks and acts for the people ... and not just the rich ones.

Ok...

Now the repubs and many here seem to think that the guy who proudly belongs to a group/religion that JUST started recognizing Black people as Human and eligible for heaven/salvation is the answer..???? ok.. right.

You just revealed yourself as another anti-Mormon know-nothing know-it-all. I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, AKA 'Mormon'. You and your understanding of my beliefs are so far off base you belong on Pluto. Let me guess, you have never been a member of the Church, you only know what you've read on the internets or have been told by someone else. We all know how well THAT works. Suggestion: if you want to know about what Mormons believe, ask one. If you want to learn about plumbing, ask a plumber, not an electrician.

Please, excuse my defense of my religion and continue on with the political discussion. I will always stand up to those that spread lies about my beliefs.

Good luck Contrarian, I respect your medicine. Back off the religious attacks.

PAMAC ... lol ... ok, well, the rules are bring nothing. He brought something. Of course they're going to say it's a handkerchief ... gee, any chance there was pencil writing on it? We'll never know. He broke the rules, end of story. As for you, you sure post here a lot for a nursing student! I hope this isn't taking too much time away from your studies?

End of line ... I ain't never gonna vote for someone who's religion teaches that God lives on the planet Kolob!

As for you, you sure post here a lot for a nursing student! I hope this isn't taking too much time away from your studies?

Aren't there several people on here that are nurses/NP's? Contrarian comes to mind. What does that have to do with ANYTHING on this thread?

You just revealed yourself as another anti-Mormon know-nothing know-it-all. [Naaahh.... I revealed my self as another "Lets please keep Kooky Schitt out of govenment know-it-all"] I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, AKA 'Mormon'. [Cooool... I'm a "Mega-17.56 level, Unobtainium eating, floating, Flying, Grandmaster of the Lair with wizard like powers, who lives in the Realm as long as my internets are functioning and I've got plenty of dehydrated batwing and eye of Newt] You and your understanding of my beliefs are so far off base you belong on Pluto. [Well we are close to eac other then because YOU are trying to get to... KOLOB, the planet of God... ...that revolves near the planets

OLIBLISH and ENISH-GO-ON-DOSH.] Let me guess, you have never been a member of the Church, you only know what you've read on the internets or have been told by someone else. We all know how well THAT works. Suggestion: if you want to know about what Mormons believe, ask one. [Haaaa.... ha... so first you try to admonish me for being told by someone else (former mormons by the way) what Mormons believe... then you suggest that I "ask some one else" (a mormon is "someone else) about Mormonism.... Haaa Haaa... ha] If you want to learn about plumbing, ask a plumber, not an electrician.

... [bLAH...BLAh...BLah...Blah...blah]

Good luck Contrarian, I respect your medicine. Back off the religious attacks.

Naahh....

I know ALL I need to know about Mormonism, Islam, Christianity, Buddism, Taoism, etc...

More people are Phucked up, dead and mind boggled from them that not.

I know what YOU believe about Joseph Smith and his "revelations"... is quite different from reality and is BS... but you are entitled that.

Aren't there several people on here that are nurses/NP's? Contrarian comes to mind. What does that have to do with ANYTHING on this thread?

Since you decided to mention me again, I'll respond in kind.

I attended a DUAL NP/PA program... even to followers of the words of "Moroni"... WITHOUT possession of the "magikal crystals" that allows one to translate "Reformed Egyptian"... DUAL means that I have both PA AND NP on my transcripts and wall. "Get it right and Keep it straight"... !!!

But I DO agree with Hemegroup that this NON-PA is getting a wee bit tooo comfortable answering and opinionating on EVERY "PA" issue with a level of confidence as if he has somehow walked, lived, worked as one and is a PA authority ...

GREAT political thread... :heheh:

Oh.... btw....

In March 1826, Bainbridge, NY court convicted twenty-one-year-old Joseph Smith of being “a disorderly person and an impostor”. During his trial, Smith admitted to conning citizens by organizing gold-digging trips and claiming to possess supernatural powers. Four years later he would appear in local papers once again as the man who discovered the “Book of Mormon”.

Smith had claimed he was visited by an angel named Moroni, who informed him of a book written on gold tablets that would explain the origins of Native Americans and reveal the truths of the gospel. Once claiming to find these tablets, Smith translated what turned out to be an historical record written by ancient prophets. It told the story of Lephi, who left Jerusalem in 600 B.C. and came to America. Centuries after having arrived in North America, Lephi’s family had divided into two races, the Nephites and Lamanites. Nephites were described as “handsome” and fair-skinned, while the Lamanites were immoral and cursed with dark skin for staying neutral during the battle between god and the devil. After the devil’s loss they were forced to take “bodies in the accursed lineage of Canaan; and hence the ***** or African race.”

This led to Mormons’ subsequent disdain for African Americans that remained even after the 1960s civil rights movement.

After Jesus’ crucifixion, the Book of Mormon claimed that he came to visit the Nephites, telling them that as long as they remained faithful to god, they would defeat the Lamanites once and for all. However, they failed to do this and were killed by the Lamanites—except for one man, Mormon, who survived by hiding in the woods during battle, writing down the events that took place. He then is said to have buried these tablets in Palmyra, NY.

The Lamanites, Smith said, then became what we now know as Native Americans.

Smith claimed to have found a stone which he would place inside of his hat, then dipping his face inwards in order to converse with god. This was said to allow him to translate the tablets from ancient Egyptian to English. He dictated the translation to a neighbor from behind a sheet. He told this neighbor that if he, at any point, tried to peek behind the curtain, he would be struck dead. Joseph Smith, after spreading the Book of Mormon to believers in his area, became Mormonism’s first “prophet”.

Mormons eventually became known as “The Church of Jesus Christ and the Latter-Day Saints”, and were forced by the government in 1890 to reject polygamy, which had become a principle of their faith.

They also abandoned official racist teachings in 1978, allowing African-American priesthood holders and rejecting the idea that African-Americans could not reach heaven unless they had been an obedient slave in life.

Today, fundamentalist Mormons—about five percent of Utah Mormons— continue to practice polygamy in secret, live on compounds under the jurisdiction of a prophet, dress plainly, and, like most Mormons, avoid coffee, tea, alcohol, tobacco, and drugs.

In contrast to other Christian sects, they believe that everyone has a spirit that lived in heaven before being born on earth and that if you are good in life, your spirit could even do so well as go achieve godly status in the after life (this is how they have explained god’s existence).

They have also formed a massive genealogical database that is regularly being filled with names of all people whose births, deaths, and marriages have been tabulated since records began. During weekly ceremonies in Mormon temples, people meet and are given names to “pray in” to their congregation—essentially baptizing people after death.

Naahh....

I know ALL I need to know about Mormonism, Islam, Christianity, Buddism, Taoism, etc...

More people are Phucked up, dead and mind boggled from them that not.

I know what YOU believe about Joseph Smith and his "revelations"... is quite different from reality and is BS... but you are entitled that.

Since you decided to mention me again, I'll respond in kind.

I attended a DUAL NP/PA program... even to followers of the words of "Moroni"... DUAL means that I have both PA AND NP on my transcripts and wall. "Get it right and Keep it straight"... !!!

But I DO agree with Hemegroup that this NON-PA is getting a wee bit tooo comfortable answering and opinionating on EVERY "PA" issue with a level of confidence as if he has somehow walked, lived, worked as one and is a PA authority ...

GREAT political thread... :heheh:

Blah blah blah exactly.

More of the same ignorance from someone who knows little of the LDS church, it's teachings and history. I've heard it all from bigots like you. YOU disagree with a religious belief so YOU choose to be an ARSE about it whenever you get the chance. Once again, YOU think YOU know more than I do about..... MY....... belief system.

You have moved from the world medicine where you know much to a world where you only know what you have read from WEBSITES that are built to feed ignorance like YOURS. So Contrarian, what do YOU believe?

YOU attacked MY belief systems, the burden of proof is therefore on YOUR shoulders. Try to do it without spewing YOUR ignorance.

In reference to YOU as an NP(NURSE Practitioner) I had no idea that referring to you as a nurse/NP would be so offensive for you. DUAL means BOTH correct? Was I then WRONG in referring to YOU as an NP?

certainly, obama brought "nothing" in with him, didnt he?

in any event, i think a hanky is probably within the rules. you are really stretching out by taking that approach. i imagine obama had some lint in his pocket that he didnt report to the rules committee. actually, obama did have a pad of paper with him that a minder took from under his podium after he left. i watched it on the tv. no problem though, im not straining at knats.

link? we'll just have to disagree about romney's sleight of hand.

and as for your comment on who you would vote for and why.... wouldnt a full on athiest take issue with voting for anyone who believes in a superior being... without parsing whether or not they "live on planet kolob"? that would scoop up that crazy christian obama, that believes in that guy who supposedly walked on water and stuff.... right?

saying 'God Bless America" is a lot different than saying you have their address.

usually folks who want to get a dig in on me for something unrelated tend to then hone in on me not getting into PA school when i applied, or me studying nursing... some kind of burn, right? says more about you than it does me.

funny, and i'd say the same about not just your screen name but also the fact that i've been through 10 years of college education and you don't fit the profile of a student who is focused on their studies. i personally doubt you're anything you say you are, but that's just me and my conspiracy theories ... where is it you live, hmmm? up north, maybe? where is it that dnp political loudmouth slanderer lives again ...

Naaahhhh....

YOU tried to use that fact as a blunt instrument against Hemegroup... and in doing so... convenietly omitted that fact that I'm also a PA-C so play stupid as you please...

Are there not others on here that are nurses or NP's and comment regularly?

If so, then why should PAMAC be criticized for his contributions to this forum as a nursing student?

Last time I checked, PAMAC has made excellent comments that YOU yourself have lauded, and yet YOU do not come to his defense as a valued member of the community.

More of the same ignorance from someone who knows little of the LDS church, it's teachings and history. I've heard it all from bigots like you. YOU disagree with a religious belief so YOU choose to be an ARSE about it whenever you get the chance. Once again, YOU think YOU know more than I do about..... MY....... belief system.

Wrong again...

I've had PLENTY of chances to verbalize my concern/disdain for any/all organized fixed delusions know by the populus as religion...

My concern is NOT with YOUR belief system... it is with someone with YOUR belief system running our nation.

Believe what you want in Utah... but when someone starts trying to unpack the crystals and magic underwear in the whitehouse is when I'm concerned.

Its all politics and since it ok to talk about P-O-L-I-T-C-S here now...

I just have to say that I really don't want a guy who believes in magical underwear or that a entire race of people have ONLY been worthy of salvation and heaven for 34 years.... even though I don't even believe in "salvation" or "heaven"

Last time I checked, PAMAC has made excellent comments that YOU yourself have lauded, and yet YOU do not come to his defense as a valued member of the community.

Yep... cause at a point... it gets to be TOOO much.

This dude/dudette has more posts than MOST of the Actual PAs here...

Go on over to S-d-n and post a opinion about every other thread...as a non "student doctor."

Go on over to Special Operations Command . net and post a opinion about every other thread...as a non-qual.

Go on over to ALL nurses and post a opinion about every other thread...as a non nursing student/CNA/LPN/RN/NP.

You will find that you will be "checked" quickly and politely first... then it will get rude.

But its all P-O-L-I-T-C-S right... ??????

Wrong again...

I've had PLENTY of chances to verbalize my concern/disdain for any/all organized fixed delusions know by the populous as religion...

My concern is NOT with YOUR belief system... it is with someone with YOUR belief system running our nation.

Believe what you want in Utah... but when someone starts trying to unpack the crystals and magic underwear in the whitehouse is when I'm concerned.

So YOU don't believe in anything?

YOUR concern is not with my belief system then YOU proceed to post a 'reference' from a conviction that was driven by anti-mormon, anti-freedom of religion local government in the state of NY with extensive outside agendas? Well played.....

So, you've talked to ex-mormons about what it's like being Mormon? I'm wondering what kind of untrue garbage I could get on you if I sat down with one of your ex-whatevers. Sounds like a SOLID source right there. Oh wait, now YOU will say that you will happily own up to whatever they say. Convenient much? Again, well played........

I ask again, what do YOU believe in? Are you atheist? Agnostic? Do you have ANYTHING you can stand behind other than your BIGOTED view of OTHERS beliefs?

I don't live in Utah, but YOU don't care. I was born and raised in an Air Force family, my father was a pilot and gave 20 years of his life in service to this country (AND YOU), one that thankfully protects my beliefs from ignorance like YOURS. I'm red-blooded American that is proud of my heritage and proud of the incredible things the my religion does in YOUR community on a daily basis.

If your goal is to shake my faith, you're barking up the wrong tree. If you goal is to expose the Mormon Church, you won't be the first or the last to try (or the smartest, for sure). You will simply succeed in making YOURSELF look like a closed minded BIGOT that has to be right all of the time.

Yep... cause at a point... it gets to be TOOO much.

This dude/dudette has more posts than MOST of the Actual PAs here...

Go on over to S-d-n and post a opinion about every other thread...as a non "student doctor."

Go on over to Special Operations Command . net and post a opinion about every other thread...as a non-qual.

Go on over to ALL nurses and post a opinion about every other thread...as a non nursing student/CNA/LPN/RN/NP.

You will find that you will be "checked" quickly and politely first... then it will get rude.

But its all P-O-L-I-T-C-S right... ??????

So, as soon as he disagrees with YOU politically it's time for it to stop? His medical/ethical opinion is no longer valid?

Archived