Physician Survey on Presidential Election

http://www.jacksoncoker.com/Documents/JCElectionSurveyAnalysis928.pdf

Physician survey favored romney to obama 55%:36%.

n=3660 (3% response)

Not wanting to open a can of worms here but I wonder how a poll of nonphysicians (PA, NP, CRNA) would pan out.

The pro Romney group were more likely to be practice owners and work in more lucrative fields (rads, ophtho, anesthesia, surgery)

Obama people were facility employees and work in less lucrative areas (peds, behav/psych)

Self defined independents were 51%:33%.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is a can of worms. Besides, I could care less what other folks that are "like me" think about a candidate. Groupthink isn't my thing. I'm current in what's going on.

It's only a can of worms for those who can't keep it from getting out of control. Some here have cooler heads.

Regardless of what you personally care about, it is an interesting comment on the impact of 1) field of practice, 2) income, and 3) type of employer on the ACA. Like it or not "groupthink" influences health policy which affects us all.

Consistency is important... so NO Politics allowed regardless of who initiates it ...!!!

Sorry Bro... but its "Politics" and shouldn't be discussed here... regardless of WHO can "keep it from getting out of control."

It's a health care discussion (The influence of practice setting and specialty on perceptions of the ACA)- not politicocentric crossfire- the reason why I posted it. I remember our 2008 era history as well.

That being siad I share your concerns for this not ending well.

Let's raise a glass to our faith in humanity and sane discourse....

So no Policy issues can be discussed. And the AAPA can't be discussed either because it's a political organization. The name change cant be discussed because it is a political issue. I'm just not sure if absolute consistency is a realistic policy.

I will show Contrarian his due- you joined in 4/2012 and probably weren't here for the Political Fiasco of 2008. It got ugly, people got annoyed/banned. THOSE discussions were often purely political and didn't go well.

We have occasionally tried to run health care political threads and my hope is that we can since we're all 1)adults and 2)professionals.

But his calls for consistency have historical basis (even if I don't totally agree with him on this one. But hey he's my "bro"!)

Or we can talk about how Michelle Obamas job that she got from people who were trying to curry favor with newly elected senator Obama was to shuttle low reimbursement folks from her hospital's ER to another hospital ER so that they could keep the high reimbursement whales and not lose money.

Or we could spew gossip about you. Or we could mind our own business and remind ourselves that we aren't personally aware of any details of any media situation.

I read a Medscape poll a couple of weeks ago that stated the majority of health care providers (doctors, nurses, etc.) preferred Obama. Guess it all depends on who you talk to.

i took that poll the other day. it asked me what kind of healthcare provider i am, what specialty i work in, who i would vote for, what kind of health care plan/system i prefer, and a couple other questions

I was here in 2008. I agree, it is typically a lot of feelings and ideals and did i mention feelings..... Our country is in a mess and getting worse. I see no vision, plan or scheme by the current POTUS that will change this for the better. He is an expert no doubt, an expert at being a student community organizer and politition. I prefer an expert at business, cooperation, and success. We will see.

I will have no further comments on this topic.

May God have mercy on our country, our servicemen and our people.

I was here in 2008. I agree, it is typically a lot of feelings and ideals and did i mention feelings..... Our country is in a mess and getting worse. I see no vision, plan or scheme by the current POTUS that will change this for the better. He is an expert no doubt, an expert at being a student community organizer and politition. I prefer an expert at business, cooperation, and success. We will see.

I will have no further comments on this topic.

I agree.

mike, ACO, obamacare and politics are simply too intertwined to separate out. The poll you posted in most interesting, virtually every physician that voted for Obama/against McCain in 08 now is voting against him.. Let's shelf this discussion until after the election. Nerves are too sensitized currently to be anything but hyper-reflexic .

Ok...

I'll play...

Sooo... 'Obama can't hack it and don't have a plan' even though he was handed a country and Healthcare System (see this post is about healthcare) that was already in shambles... after a series of screw ups from both parties over a period of 40 yrs...

But yeah... he was suppose to realistically fix that Schitt in 3 yrs... ok.. right.

Now the repubs and many here seem to think that the guy who proudly belongs to a group/religion that JUST started recognizing Black people as Human and eligible for heaven/salvation is the answer..???? ok.. right.

oh... forgot to put the word "healthcare" in there to make this a "non-political" post... there... its in now.

:heheh:

Obama;

Youthful dependent (welfare)

College student (subsidized tuition)

College professor (heavily subsidized environment)

Politician (government paycheck, public subsidized benefits). ...I get a kick out of someone who has had virtually no experience existing in, creating or earning a dollar from anything other than from an environment paid for by others telling m that I should "give my fair share"

He can't spell the word "fair" without asking for somone else to pay for the dictionary so he can look it up.

Our deficit and Health care crisis is about bills, spending, costs, revenues.....Shouldn't someonewith some real world business experience help fix this?.... Hasn't anyone seen the movie Back to School??

Now the repubs and many here seem to think that the guy who proudly belongs to a group/religion that JUST started recognizing Black people as Human and eligible for heaven/salvation is the answer..???? ok.. right.

:heheh:

Isn't that sort of like saying since you're white, then you supported segregation...guilty by association.

Here I will "Untwine" heathcare reform. Disclaimer... this is from my experiences and include my opinions and assumptions...

(It is like Fox News though "Fair and Balanced")

here goes....

It is not required by food stamps that you buy healthy food. I was in line behind a women recently in

the grocery store that was using a food stamp debit card. She had her cart full of soda, frozen

pizza, and corndogs. Healthy options tend to be more expensive, but I am sure the price difference

could be easily made up from the cartons of cigs she also had in her cart. This lady also has government assistance in a monetary form... she uses some of it to buy marijuana. She does not have to take a drug test each month to prove she is not using it for illegal, unhealthy drugs. She also has medicaid, in which she uses for "chronic back pain", and various other illnesses that pop up. She is not held accountable for any of the misuse and irresponsible patient visits and regardless of what preventative medicine and issues I address, she just comes right back for any old thing. The reason I know this women very well is because I am a foster parent and I had to take care of some of her children when they were severely neglected.

Some how, even with all this government assistance, she could not feed her children or bath them or take care of them in any way. So now it takes even more resources through the government to foster these children into my home. This one lady has easily wasted so much tax money that could have been avoided with rules and regulations and contributes nothing to society. If the government can not or will not regulate all the assistance programs and existing healthcare

programs they already have, then how are they going to regulate this one. Maybe it is just simply impossible to regulate programs like this. This is going to break the system, and medicaid will be like monopoly money, people will look at you crazy if you try to buy something at the store with it. Then there will be a panic that no one is taking medicare at all

anymore. There will be a crisis and a "special committee" will be organized to address this unjust

behavior of the medical world. The committee, headed by the surgeon general, will come out with some emergency intervention program that will be under the guise of being a short term program that will try to unify healthcare into a social type system for those desperate medicaid/care patients that can not get an appointment to save their life... literally! Then slowly one by one the government will outspend private insurance companies by printing money and "subsidizing" their unified social plan until that is all that is left. The small insurance companies will go quickly and quietly... no one may even notice. Then when the biggies start to crumble it will get peoples attention, but by that time it will be too late. Now suddenly people that had the good insurance plans will find themselves desperate because they will be without insurance. They will be forced into the "short term" emergency social medicine plan. This is when the plan transitions from being a crisis type emergency intervention plan, to a long-term social medicine plan.

Welcome to socialized medicine!

I would start living healthier now and try to avoid needing any care at all.

BTW... in case you (Lipper) didn't know... I'm FAR from "Liberal" ... NOT even close to being totally or even Mostly conservative... and don't believe in... or buy/ascribe to the "Pay your FAIR SHARE" nonsense if that "FAIR SHARE" isn't a set share that applies to ALL Americans.

I personally don't believe that you/me/anyone should be expected to pay more because they/we sacrificed, delayed gratification, invested time and money, blood sweat and tears to innovate and study, and succeed...

NO.... I don't believe that because we/you payed your way through college with cash/loans or the GI bill, denied hedonistic pursuits and stayed up late nights to research and write the papers, complete the assignments, etc... to eventually make more in income, should pay a higher percentage in taxes than anyone who didn't do these things. We shouldn't pay any less... but definately not more...!!!!

Since this IS America... where we all are supposed to be equal... we should all be required to pay a equal share... and not be penalized for performing above and beyond the "norm."

Archived