CASPA submission to multiple schools

I called CASPA yesterday to ask about submitting my application to a few schools at a time so that I don't have to come up with a huge chunk of money all at once. The CASPA representative said that I can go ahead and do so. Basically, I will be submitting to 5 to 6 schools and then a week later will add 5 other schools and submit. I was just wondering if anyone has done this in the past? I want make sure that if I submit once, I will be able to add schools later.

Thank you!

• 3 months later...

once you submit, its locked, no changes can be made! I'm in this boat now. I submitted to my first choice alone last cycle, and since no other schools have seen any of my info, I sent those to other schools this cycle and planned on changing my PS and LORs for my first choice. WELL....I'm stuck with last years materials, because I cannot change a darn thing once you click that submit button. FRUSTRATING!!

once you submit, its locked, no changes can be made! I'm in this boat now. I submitted to my first choice alone last cycle, and since no other schools have seen any of my info, I sent those to other schools this cycle and planned on changing my PS and LORs for my first choice. WELL....I'm stuck with last years materials, because I cannot change a darn thing once you click that submit button. FRUSTRATING!!

Only your coursework can't be changed from cycle to cycle. Everything else can be modified.

Only your coursework can't be changed from cycle to cycle. Everything else can be modified.

Well, I spoke with CASPA, they said once your application is verified and mailed, no changes may be made. I have tried, however, to make changes to my PS, update my volunteering and HCE, to no avail. Also, CASPA says you cannot delete LORs once they are submitted.

EN1195-

Make sure you know the dates of a "cycle." It usually starts in April/May and goes to the next spring. And then it starts over. If you submit an app in June and then try to change it in December or January, it is the same cycle. When the new cycle starts, you can edit info, upload PS, change LORs etc. Most of the schools on CASPA have similar schedules with deadlines in the fall, but there are a few outliers that can make it confusing as to which cycle you are in.

EN1195-

Make sure you know the dates of a "cycle." It usually starts in April/May and goes to the next spring. And then it starts over. If you submit an app in June and then try to change it in December or January, it is the same cycle. When the new cycle starts, you can edit info, upload PS, change LORs etc. Most of the schools on CASPA have similar schedules with deadlines in the fall, but there are a few outliers that can make it confusing as to which cycle you are in.

yes, I didn't need to change anything the first time, so I didn't run into this issue. Your right! it was a bit confusing, that the school cycle and the CASPA cycle are not congruent.

However, they said I could start a new app, but the time it would take to submit all the materials, get it verified and all, it would be rushed, leaving me with a less than thought out app. I saw this as a worse alternative. They also said the old app and the new app may be confused and delay the mailing.

Archived