Is your CASPA only sent to schools once it's verified?

So for schools that send your supplemental app "instantly" after receiving your CASPA...

Some schools I see say that they will send your supplemental app as soon as they receive your CASPA. Is your CASPA only sent to schools once it's verified? I ask because some schools say they require your CASPA to be e-submitted by, say, Jan 15th, then the supplemental app is due Feb 15th (which they only send you once your app is received). The problem is that if it takes 4 weeks for CASPA to verify your app, it may not give you enough time to receive and fill out the supplemental app, right?

TThielen: It depends on the school. One school I applied to only sent supplemental application access to qualified applicants, and another waited until the CASPA application was verified before emailing me the supplemental application. As Rev says, there's no sense in waiting until the last minute to submit everything just in case you hit a snag (transcripts don't arrive, grade discrepancy on your end when entering in coursework, PA's and docs can sometimes take longer than you anticipate to write your LOR). Get it all in when you're comfortable you have completed it to the best of your ability. Best of luck!

Youe CASPA app is available online to your chosen schools as soon as you submit it. However, whether or not the schools will bother looking at it until it's been verified is up to each school. Once it's been verified, CASPA will mail a paper copy to each school you applied to.

AFAIK it can't be seen until it's verified because CASPA has to go through the info, make corrections, etc.

AFAIK it can't be seen until it's verified because CASPA has to go through the info, make corrections, etc.

My understanding (from what I've been told from CASPA & from school staff) is that the parts of the CASPA app that are ready can be viewed online & are printable by the schools that wish to do so, even before the app is considered complete. But, you're right. How many schools really want to waste there time dealing with an app where the transcripts have not yet been submitted, or the GPAs have not yet been calculated? They're busy enough just going through the completed apps.

It's a risk you take when submitting later in the cycle. I am in the same boat as I squeezed in one more class in the summer quarter.

Archived