Should I retake the GRE??

Well, according to the conversion table (http://www.ets.org/s/gre/pdf/concordance_information.pdf), your verbal is right around the 24th percentile with an old score equivalent of 380 and your quantitative is around the 17th percentile with an old score equivalent of 480-490. That would make your total around 860 to 870. Many schools like for you to have a combined score of 1000, so I guess it really depends on what schools you are applying to. Good luck!

If you truly believe you cannot do any better, then try to find schools that do not require it.

I have a friend who got a 920 on the old GRE and was not accepted to any of the programs around here (they all require GRE scores of 1000 or better) so she decided to go the NP route, she is in a one year accelerated nursing program as we speak...(or write)

• Administrator

Get better, or give up wanting to be a PA. If you hated the GRE, the PANCE is 10x worse. And by 10x worse, I'm being conservative. It's longer, more arbitrary, and the tools to solve the questions are simply not there for you unless you've already got them in your head. Programs who require the GRE are doing so partially out of masters' degree requirements, but partially out of desire to get students who can cope with the PANCE, too.

Archived