Collaborating Physician Options

Wife is NP. I am a PA, in the future she may have the option of her opening a place up. I would be an employee. Seems straightforward for her to get a reliable collaboration. I do have some options on MDs I personally know. However, it is always good to guarantee an MD can be there, as you always want to find a backup option. I see 'Doctors for Providers' is one option. Any others? Anyone have advice on credentialing, I was told to plan for 6 months to get with medicaid and major private insurances

thank you

Two issues. 
1) immediate need for SP should yours be incapacited.   Used to be scary.  Now for $750/m there is a few web sites that you can quickly hire 

2) insurance wise that is tougher.  Would likely have to recredential under new doc.  Medicare and Medicaid typically allow retro billing but private insurers do not.

yet another stupid expensive barrier to PA owning their own place.  And yet a new grad NP in like 28 states can do so.  

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, ventana said:

Two issues. 
1) immediate need for SP should yours be incapacited.   Used to be scary.  Now for $750/m there is a few web sites that you can quickly hire 

2) insurance wise that is tougher.  Would likely have to recredential under new doc.  Medicare and Medicaid typically allow retro billing but private insurers do not.

yet another stupid expensive barrier to PA owning their own place.  And yet a new grad NP in like 28 states can do so.  

This is honestly starting to irk me as I am becoming a more experienced PA. Sometimes I just wanna throw in the towel than continuing to make pennies on the dollar for the need for an SP

• 1 month later...
On 10/12/2022 at 9:46 AM, ventana said:

Two issues. 

Hi Ventana, sorry for late reply, i guess I don't have alerts go to my email directly. I really do appreciate your time in chiming in. Can you reply or private message me the companies that will supervise PAs? This idea of mine is becoming more realistic lately. I don't have too much worry with my np wife getting SP since there are multiple companies that do this for NPs. For PAs I have only seen 1 that does it and some that would do it but they concentrate more on NPs. Now in Texas there are some regulations on PA/ MD ownership, this is probably one of the reasons of some companies stay away from PAs but it would irrelevant in my case since I would just be an employee so there would be no barriers. I know other mid levels including PAs that are doing great with their own place. Most of them have relationships with MDs that they personally know but really I don't work like that since I am always thinking of possible scenarios of what things can go wrong. Basically prepare for the worst and hope for the best.  Basically just prepare for contingencies. Appreciate it