Delaware Valley University (2022-2023 cycle)

1 hour ago, nlavrov said:

I submitted on the 8/26! Did anyone receive a confirmation email from the school about receiving their application? I just got a CASPA email saying my application was received, but nothing directly from the school!

I applied opening day and haven’t received anything. 

I submitted my application on 8/5 and only got the 

"Congratulations! We received your CASPA application. Next, your application and materials will go through a verification process that ensures all your coursework was entered correctly and consistently before it's sent to your selected program(s)." 

but nothing else, I know it maybe too soon since I'm writing this on 8/9, though I was wondering if this is the correct response that I received. 

12 minutes ago, Ritu1164 said:

I submitted my application on 8/5 and only got the 

"Congratulations! We received your CASPA application. Next, your application and materials will go through a verification process that ensures all your coursework was entered correctly and consistently before it's sent to your selected program(s)." 

but nothing else, I know it maybe too soon since I'm writing this on 8/9, though I was wondering if this is the correct response that I received. 

I believe you are talking about the CASPA generated email that is sent to us when we hit submit on an application. It takes some time 24hrs to a week or so for it to be verified by CASPA. The program likely won't email anything til CASPA verifies your app.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, nlavrov said:

I know it was asked previously, but has anyone heard anything? In my confirmation email it says that the interviews will be conducted starting September 2022 and this is making me worried especially since I applied the day the application cycle opened!

I still haven’t heard anything besides confirmation and applied the day their application opened! Hoping they’re just a little behind because of not accepting applications as early as last year

28 minutes ago, nlavrov said:

I know it was asked previously, but has anyone heard anything? In my confirmation email it says that the interviews will be conducted starting September 2022 and this is making me worried especially since I applied the day the application cycle opened!

I applied the day the opened too. I couldn’t find a confirmation email so I sent one to see if my application was received. She said we should be hearing something in two weeks or so. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, nlavrov said:

May I ask when you submitted and received the confirmation email? I have yet to receive one!

5 hours ago, Ecaparoso said:

May I ask when you submitted and received the confirmation email? I have yet to receive one!

I applied the day they opened their application cycle and I received a confirmation email on 8/2/2023. But that was after I emailed them asking about my application status. So I’m wondering if they just don’t send out confirmations right as they get the applications!

Hi Everyone!

Congrats on getting through CASPA and choosing to apply to DelVal! 

There are a few of us on here who will be matriculating this October, myself included. As such, we know what you're going through and are glad to help answer any questions. 

The program is now provisionally accredited so the biggest worry for our class is behind us. Right now, the faculty are gearing up for our arrival and are undoubtedly busy making sure we hit the ground running. With that in mind, they are preparing for the next year's class interviews. Last year, I was offered an interview in August, interviewed virtually the first week of September, and offered admission the last day of September. So you are in the middle of the busiest time for the program. Hang in there and be patient.

As far as my experience (and while I won't speak for all my classmates, I am sure they'd agree), the program has been fantastic keeping us in-the-loop and making sure we know what to expect. They are super responsive and easy to talk to. 

Now what everyone wants to know: "what are my chances"?

When they say they are holistic and look at the whole applicant, they are not blowing smoke up your butt. They are out to choose well-rounded, academically capable, compassionate applicants. Interviews themselves are a conversation. Know your application and be yourself. As cliche as that sounds, it is true.

If anyone has any questions or thoughts, please reach out. Best wishes to you all!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1