Delaware Valley University (2022-2023 cycle)

3 hours ago, medic1210 said:

Hi Everyone!

Congrats on getting through CASPA and choosing to apply to DelVal! 

There are a few of us on here who will be matriculating this October, myself included. As such, we know what you're going through and are glad to help answer any questions. 

The program is now provisionally accredited so the biggest worry for our class is behind us. Right now, the faculty are gearing up for our arrival and are undoubtedly busy making sure we hit the ground running. With that in mind, they are preparing for the next year's class interviews. Last year, I was offered an interview in August, interviewed virtually the first week of September, and offered admission the last day of September. So you are in the middle of the busiest time for the program. Hang in there and be patient.

As far as my experience (and while I won't speak for all my classmates, I am sure they'd agree), the program has been fantastic keeping us in-the-loop and making sure we know what to expect. They are super responsive and easy to talk to. 

Now what everyone wants to know: "what are my chances"?

When they say they are holistic and look at the whole applicant, they are not blowing smoke up your butt. They are out to choose well-rounded, academically capable, compassionate applicants. Interviews themselves are a conversation. Know your application and be yourself. As cliche as that sounds, it is true.

If anyone has any questions or thoughts, please reach out. Best wishes to you all!

Thank you so much for this! I’ve been on the edge, constantly checking my email, but I can’t imagine what it’s like on their end especially with classes starting soon! This is my top program no doubt, and hearing how responsive they are is assuring. 
Thank you again!!

On 9/4/2022 at 6:55 AM, medic1210 said:

Hi Everyone!

Congrats on getting through CASPA and choosing to apply to DelVal! 

There are a few of us on here who will be matriculating this October, myself included. As such, we know what you're going through and are glad to help answer any questions. 

The program is now provisionally accredited so the biggest worry for our class is behind us. Right now, the faculty are gearing up for our arrival and are undoubtedly busy making sure we hit the ground running. With that in mind, they are preparing for the next year's class interviews. Last year, I was offered an interview in August, interviewed virtually the first week of September, and offered admission the last day of September. So you are in the middle of the busiest time for the program. Hang in there and be patient.

As far as my experience (and while I won't speak for all my classmates, I am sure they'd agree), the program has been fantastic keeping us in-the-loop and making sure we know what to expect. They are super responsive and easy to talk to. 

Now what everyone wants to know: "what are my chances"?

When they say they are holistic and look at the whole applicant, they are not blowing smoke up your butt. They are out to choose well-rounded, academically capable, compassionate applicants. Interviews themselves are a conversation. Know your application and be yourself. As cliche as that sounds, it is true.

If anyone has any questions or thoughts, please reach out. Best wishes to you all!

Thank you for the update and congrats on the acceptance! Can't wait to see how this interview process goes. With so many schools being GPA focused, finding the true gems of holistic review is very reassuring. Good luck to everyone!

22 hours ago, Ecaparoso said:

Thank you for the update and congrats on the acceptance! Can't wait to see how this interview process goes. With so many schools being GPA focused, finding the true gems of holistic review is very reassuring. Good luck to everyone!

Programs that put GPA as an insurmountable wall to climb miss out on some the best applicants. And they aren’t programs I’d want to attend. 

2 hours ago, DreamPA164 said:

Does anyone know if we didn’t get an invite for this interview for this if we still have a chance to be invited to one of the others theyre holding?

I’m wondering the same thing. I applied the day they made their application available and I’m trying so hard to not get disheartened. Now I’m just wondering when we would hear about a second round of interviews. This process just really wears on you lol.

58 minutes ago, nlavrov said:

I’m wondering the same thing. I applied the day they made their application available and I’m trying so hard to not get disheartened. Now I’m just wondering when we would hear about a second round of interviews. This process just really wears on you lol.

I’m feeling the same. I’m from the area, went to the open house, and applied the day it opened. I’m a bit bummed, really thought I had a good shot.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, KaylaK510 said:

Congratulations! Would anyone who received an invite mind sharing their stats? And when they applied?

Non-traditional had poor grades from over 15 years ago. CGPA 3.32 SGPA 3.61, current Gpa 3.93, 22,000+ PCE as a critical care paramedic, 672 leadership, 1015 volunteer, 192 teaching, 57 shadowing LOR from 1 PA, 1 chief flight nurse/supervisor, 1 RN, 1 supervisor, 1 professor. Applied the day they opened. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CandyA said:

Non-traditional had poor grades from over 15 years ago. CGPA 3.32 SGPA 3.61, current Gpa 3.93, 22,000+ PCE as a critical care paramedic, 672 leadership, 1015 volunteer, 192 teaching, 57 shadowing LOR from 1 PA, 1 chief flight nurse/supervisor, 1 RN, 1 supervisor, 1 professor. Applied the day they opened. 

Thank you!! Those are great stats 🙂 good luck!

1 hour ago, KaylaK510 said:

Congratulations! Would anyone who received an invite mind sharing their stats? And when they applied?

I’m a more traditional student and I received an interview! Third cycle applicant, first time to DelVal. CGPA 3.68 and SGPA 3.7. I have taken a class or 2 every semester since finishing my undergraduate degree in 2020. 4500 hours as an EMT in DC(my full time job),  1000+ as an EMT volunteer and just finished paramedic school(obtained lots of EMS certifications like PALS and ACLS.). 108 shadowing. 1 LOC from a MD, 1 from a PA, 1 professor, 1 supervisor and 1 paramedic field training officer. Good luck to everyone!!! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KaylaK510 said:

Hey there! My stats for this application cycle are:

GRE: 297, 4.0 Writing

sGPA: 3.60

Overall GPA: 3.72

PCE: 10,000 (Mostly as a paramedic)

Extracurricular: 500 (horseback riding)

HCE: 336

Leadership: 385

Non-healthcare: 4,280 (mostly waitressing)

Research: 216

Shadowing: 80 (half in person and half online)

Teaching: 288

Volunteer: 274

Recommendation Letters: 1 PA, 1 PA/Med term professor, 1 Bio professor, 1 Supervisor/Chief, 1 MD (my medical director at work)

I’m a first time applicant, non-traditional student, and applied August 19th!

• Like 3

Hi guys!

Congrats on the interview invites and keeping my fingers crossed for everyone else waiting to hear back 🙂

I applied on 09/02 and received an invite this morning. 

This is my first cycle and these are my current stats:

GRE: 305

cGPA: 3.06

sGPA: 3.02

PCE: 2900 / HCE: 900

volunteering: 581 (included hours from years ago)

shadowing PAs: 45 virtual + 75 in person 

LOR: 3 MDs, 1 Professor, 1 Supervisor 

Having such a low GPA discouraged me and I didn't think I'd hear back from any program this cycle, so if anyone's stats are similar to mine, don't lose hope!

• Like 5

On 9/7/2022 at 1:45 AM, goldencclh said:

Hi guys!

Congrats on the interview invites and keeping my fingers crossed for everyone else waiting to hear back 🙂

I applied on 09/02 and received an invite this morning. 

This is my first cycle and these are my current stats:

GRE: 305

cGPA: 3.06

sGPA: 3.02

PCE: 2900 / HCE: 900

volunteering: 581 (included hours from years ago)

shadowing PAs: 45 virtual + 75 in person 

LOR: 3 MDs, 1 Professor, 1 Supervisor 

Having such a low GPA discouraged me and I didn't think I'd hear back from any program this cycle, so if anyone's stats are similar to mine, don't lose hope!

Mine are sooo super similar…I’m just praying and hoping I hear back for next round! 

• Like 4

Congrats to everyone interviewing and who have already interviewed. 

Wanted to give a little more information and encouragement on the always asked question “what are your stats”?

I applied with the following and was accepted:

Overall: 2.35

Science: 2.39

Last 80: 3.75ish

Masters GPA: 3.67

MCAT: 501 (no GRE, was debating Med school)

17 years in EMS so 35k+ hours as a paramedic in a variety of settings. Also had some unique clinical experiences. 

So yeah, they’re holistic and really care about you. Don’t compare yourself to others. Compete against yourself and work to be the best you possible. 

Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/11/2022 at 4:20 PM, medic1210 said:

Congrats to everyone interviewing and who have already interviewed. 

Wanted to give a little more information and encouragement on the always asked question “what are your stats”?

I applied with the following and was accepted:

Overall: 2.35

Science: 2.39

Last 80: 3.75ish

Masters GPA: 3.67

MCAT: 501 (no GRE, was debating Med school)

17 years in EMS so 35k+ hours as a paramedic in a variety of settings. Also had some unique clinical experiences. 

So yeah, they’re holistic and really care about you. Don’t compare yourself to others. Compete against yourself and work to be the best you possible. 

Good luck!

Truly inspiring and you can visualize the grit and perseverance through the academic stats alone. Congrats on the acceptance, for it is well deserved. Hopefully I'll get the opportunity to share my story as well!

• Like 1