Shouldn't This be Manslaughter?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Look at table 2: the vaccine group had more rhinorrhea/nasal congestion in day2-10 compared to placebo group same as decrease activity group. The fever group was higher the first 3 days then about even throughout the 10 days. They stated the fever was “However, we thought that the small increase in the risk of rhinorrhea or nasal congestion and infrequent low-grade fever represented an acceptable level of mild adverse events.” From Table 4: The vaccine group with one dose in group A had 2/189 and group B had 1/189 = 1.1% and 0.5%. The placebo group with one dose in group A 8/99 and group B had 6/99 = 8.1% and 6.1%. Absolute risk for group A is 8.1 – 1.1 = 7% and group B is 6.1 – 0.5 = 5.6%. The vaccine group with two doses in group A had 4/849 = 0.48% and group B 6/849 = 0.71%. The placebo group with two doses in group A had 49/410 = 11.9% and group B had 31/410 = 7.5%. Absolute risk for group A is 11.9 – 0.48 = 11.42% and group B is 7.5 – 0.71 = 6.79%. In the placebo group only 20% had ottis media with no other complications and the article states that “Although bacteria are commonly implicated in the pathogenesis of otitis media, the initial event is often a viral infection with influenzavirus or another respiratory tract virus.” So, injecting people with a vaccine to get a very poor % rate to help decrease a low grade fever a half a degree or less with little to no help from the vaccine in decreasing otitis media (which is not deadly).There is no evidence that the flu vaccine is decreasing otitis media and let’s say it did decrease Haemophilus influenzae (there is no vaccine for this), 1/3 of cases are caused by H. influenzae so 1/3 of 20% reduction = 6% absolute reduction in otitis media if there was such a vaccine. So, injecting people with a solution that has not been tested to decrease a simple ear infection by 6% at best is worth it…?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19057458

Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2009 Jan;28(1):43-8.

[h=1]Nontypeable Haemophilus influenzae as a pathogen in children.[/h]Murphy TF, Faden H, Bakaletz LO, Kyd JM, Forsgren A, Campos J, Virji M, Pelton SI.

[h=3]Source[/h]University at Buffalo, the State University of New York, Buffalo, NY. murphyt@buffalo.edu

[h=3]Abstract[/h]Nontypeable Haemophilus influenzae is a significant pathogen in children, causing otitis media, sinusitis, conjunctivitis, pneumonia, and occasionally invasive infections. H. influenzae type b conjugate vaccines have no effect on infections caused by nontypeable strains because nontypeable strains are nonencapsulated. Approximately, one-third of episodes of otitis media are caused by nontypeable H. influenzae and the bacterium is the most common cause of recurrent otitis media. Recent progress in elucidating molecular mechanisms of pathogenesis, understanding the role of biofilms in otitis media and an increasing understanding of immune responses have potential for development of novel strategies to improve prevention and treatment of otitis media caused by nontypeable H. influenzae. Feasibility of vaccination for prevention of otitis media due to nontypeable H. influenzae was recently demonstrated in a clinical trial with a vaccine that included the surface virulence factor, protein D.

What microorganisms cause middle ear infection or inflammation?

Bacteria and viruses can cause otitis media. Bacteria such as Streptococcus pneumoniae (pneumococcus), nontypableHemophilus influenzae, Pseudomonas, andMoraxella account for about 85% of cases of acute otitis media. Viruses account for the remaining 15%. Affected infants under six weeks of age tend to have infections from a variety of different bacteria in the middle ear.

http://www.medicinenet.com/ear_infection/page3.htm#what_microorganisms_cause_middle_ear_infection_or_inflammation

You really aren't trying to use h. Flu vaccines as part of your argument that flu vaccines don't work, are you? You do realize it is not the flu virus??

I can tell you for certain, since H. Flu vaccines came about, pediatric deaths from epiglottitis went wayyyy down.

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd-vac/hib/default.htm

I understand about medications needed for heart disease, diabetes, etc, but try diet first and make sure the patient is doing what is needed to fix the problem. If after several months then I would start them on some medications, but not just start them on meds just because they are too lazy to exercise or don't want to stop eating processed foods and drinking soda, etc...You can look at their lab data, weight, BMI, etc to make sure they are exercising and make them have a journal to ensure they aren't just saying they are exercising...do that first then prescribe meds...I would love to see articles on HTN and heart disease risk...what is so hard to understand that medications are not the ALL cure ALL...

I don't ussally pipe in, but WOW........... You clearly have never practiced. When you finishes school, go work in an underserved population and then pipe in your oppinion after a few years.

Sorry EMEDPA one more post:

First off apologies to jmj11 since you are a reliable member of this forum- sorry your original topic got off course. Please let us know if you want to edit the thread, if your question wasn't fully addressed.

Second I have created a new thread on Homeopathy vs EBM for those wanting to continue the discussion, as I have one thing to address.

Thanks.

If you are going to talk about me and compare me to other people and not post stats or go against my articles then you must agree with what I am proving to you.

Lol, "you must agree." The fail is strong in this one. Please, if you are a student drop out and open an herb shop before you get a license and kill people. I doubt you are a student though, because as arrogant as your posts have been you would be bragging about it if you were.

Edit: oops, in after closure, sorry.

Archived