optimizing the schedule

I just accepted a half time benefited W2 position at one of my per diem jobs. Paying for my own benefits the last few years has been a huge pain.

I will be dropping one of my other per diem jobs(the one that pays the least). This new position pays based on years of experience and I max out the scale so will make more/hr than I ever have before( and more than the FP docs at my current primary job).

This set of changes should net me the following:

8 hrs less of scheduled work per month (192 vs 200, although I often work 240-260)

60 miles less driving per month(and the driving I do now will be compensated).

A lot of extra sleep

about 20k more/year(not counting the value of a full benefits package)

medical/dental/vision/retirement/cme/PTO/disability policies/life insurance, etc

I have gotten pretty burnt out the last 2 years and it has gotten worse in the last six months. This is the right way for me to go.

I wish you all the best in finding work/life balance for yourselves that does not sell you short.

• Like 2