2022-2023 Application Cycle

I got an email saying I was waitlisted after the 10/25 interview. Trying to stay positive since it's not a rejection but based on their email, it sounds like it's going to be a long wait.

Wishing those still waiting to hear back all the best. I had such positive interactions and was so impressed with all the candidates interviewing. I hope everyone receives good news soon!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, prepa1324 said:

Does someone who got an interview mind sharing their stats? 

Sure! I got my BS in Health and Exercise Science.

cGPA: 3.66

sGPA: 3.50

PCE: 10,185 hours (x-ray tech, mammographer, and physical therapy aide)

HCE: 1,070 hours (medical records, drug testing administrator, medical readiness for military unit) 

Leadership: ~ 150 hours 

Volunteer: ~115 hours

2 hours ago, prepa1324 said:

Does someone who got an interview mind sharing their stats? 

Here are mine to show the other end of the spectrum. 

cGPA: 3.05
sGPA: 3.10
post-bac last 90: 4.0
Volunteering: ~1800
PCE: ~7,500 (mostly clinical research)
HCE: ~8,000
Research: 312
PA shadowing: 32 (in-person), 100+ (virtual)

• Like 2

On 11/10/2022 at 9:37 AM, confusedtrains said:

I just got a call for an interview! I'm so excited I guess they are still giving out spots. 

Hi, do you mind me asking what the area code is? I receive a lot of random calls so I just wanted to make sure I don't miss out on an opportunity! 😞 Did they follow up with an email to interview as well or you only received a phone call? 

23 hours ago, Cheees said:

Hi, do you mind me asking what the area code is? I receive a lot of random calls so I just wanted to make sure I don't miss out on an opportunity! 😞 Did they follow up with an email to interview as well or you only received a phone call? 

Hello!! No problem it was a 707 number from Vallejo but I’m sure they would also leave a voicemail. They followed up with an official interview invite email as well as a confirmation email! Good luck and wishing you all the best 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, confusedtrains said:

Hello!! No problem it was a 707 number from Vallejo but I’m sure they would also leave a voicemail. They followed up with an official interview invite email as well as a confirmation email! Good luck and wishing you all the best 🙂

Thank you so much friend. Sending you the best wishes! I hope it works out for you! 🙂 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2022 at 11:43 PM, ssantiago8 said:

cGPA:3.06

sGPA:3.00

pce: 6844 (phlebotomist)

hce: 2100 (Lab assistant)

leadership: 400 (phleb lead)

teaching exp.: 200 (phleb instructor)

shadowing: 258 in-person (urgent,psych,ortho,family)

volunteering:  162

Hi! Would you mind answering when you got your 2nd email before interviewing? And when you were offered an interview?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2022 at 5:01 PM, womaninmed said:

Just got waitlisted today. 😢 Do they pull people off the waitlist as they continue the interview process? Or do we not get notified until interview season is over in May? 

They most likely will not start pulling people off the waitlist until after interviews are done in March. I was interviewed in the 2nd to last group in March earlier this year and was pulled off the waitlist mid-May. Good luck!