2022-2023 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! My name is Alys; I introduced myself in this chat previously as a first year student, but wanted to note that I am now TUC's incoming Outreach Chair 🙂

I'll be taking over the official account soon and will post from that instead, but for now feel free to reach out to me here if you have any questions. 

I also wanted to note for anyone who lives in the area that the college is having an in-person Open House next month on Sunday October 23rd. Registration located here: https://tuc.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5jX9VcMCqezUDCS

Take care everybody.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, KoBaNi said:

Received my interview invite yesterday (YAY!) on 9/9/2022 but need to email them back to confirm within a week but I cant seem to send the email to the one they provided (says something about the selected server not being able to send it).  Am I missing something? 

oops nevermind! I was able to send it today haha

11 hours ago, KoBaNi said:

Received my interview invite yesterday (YAY!) on 9/9/2022 but need to email them back to confirm within a week but I cant seem to send the email to the one they provided (says something about the selected server not being able to send it).  Am I missing something? 

Congrats on the interview! Are interviews in person or online?

So I applied to the joint MSPAS/MPH program. Interviews are online (Zoom) and are MMI format. I submitted my CASPA app on 6/15 and got an email that they received the app on 8/4. Got another email on 8/10 saying that my app was being put up for further review. Interview invite received 9/9 and interview is on 10/25. Hope that helps! 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, jujuPA said:

Hey guys! I submitted my CASPA app on 06/1 and just got an invite to interview with Touro on 10/3! Super excited but now super nervous bc I did not know it was MMI style. Now I am freaking out! Any advice on how to prepare for this style of interview? 

Definitely check out Savannah Perry’s interview book!! She has tons of questions for all interview types. She also has some YouTube videos you could check out too! 

• 3 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, creamcheeese said:

Got a call with an interview invite for this Monday 10/3! I’ve never had a school call me with an interview invite, but it was probs bc it’s less than 4 days from now and someone dropped out? Anyways, still exciting 🙂

Congratulations! Looking forward to meeting you and all the other applicants during the interview Monday!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, creamcheeese said:

Got a call with an interview invite for this Monday 10/3! I’ve never had a school call me with an interview invite, but it was probs bc it’s less than 4 days from now and someone dropped out? Anyways, still exciting 🙂

Congratulations! Can you please share when you submitted your application?

On 9/29/2022 at 3:48 PM, ZZPA2023 said:

Congratulations! Can you please share when you submitted your application?

Sure! I submitted my verified CASPA app on 8/25 and they sent me an email confirmation on 8/29 saying it’s going through faculty review.

Edit: oops I looked over my app and I actually submitted my verified app on 7/2 on CASPA, Touro emailed me saying they received it on 8/25, and then emailed me again on 8/29 to say it's going under faculty review. 

Edited by creamcheeese
  • Like 1

On 9/29/2022 at 1:57 PM, creamcheeese said:

GOOD LUCK! It's going to be a long day and you're going to feel ALL the feels—lots of stress, anxiety, various emotions. Just try your best to stay calm so you can shine. I loved how the TUC staff were very friendly and welcoming.

Edited by TheSomedayPA
  • Thanks 1

Hey all, I am the Vice President for TUC's Class of '25.  I'm happy to answer any questions you might have. If it's a personal question, feel free to PM me.

If you would like to speak to the admissions office directly, check out the list of PA/MPH open house dates:

https://tu.edu/news--events/events/search/?types[]=Open House&keywords=physician assistant

• Like 1

On 8/17/2022 at 3:09 PM, alysd said:

Hey! So there is different ways to do this, so feel free to do what feels right for you, but what I did was literally just make a list. For example - 

"Pediatric PA, outpatient pediatric clinic, Medical Assistant 400 hours"

"ENT PA, outpatient clinic, Medical Scribe 150 hours" 

etc. Hope that helps!

Hello,

what if you don’t have anything additional to add from what you input in the application?

On 10/7/2022 at 5:22 PM, jujuPA said:

Just checked my email and was waitlisted after the interview on Monday. I'm grateful for the waitlist and even hopeful for the future. The interview did go smoothly but was a long day. I wish everyone good luck on future interviews! sending positive vibes your way!! 🙂

Ah same here. It definitely was a long day full of nerves and stress! Good luck on your application season, sending good vibes your way! 

• Like 1