Withdrawing from a PA program and reapplying

Hi everyone,

I withdraw from my PA program this year due to personal problems. However, I would like to get into another PA program which I think is better. I finished one of my courses and withdraw two others. what are my chances of getting accepted into another PA program for the fall of 2013. I would appriciate if anyone knows anything about that.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd imagine that if your applicant profile was good enough to get you interviews the first time around, it will do so again. The problem will be convincing another school that you have overcome whatever issues forced you to withdraw the first time, and that should you encounter problems in the future you are better equipped to handle them now. That's a big challenge since you now have a proven track record of NOT handling it. Did your school offer to work with you? Did they offer to place you into next year's class? If so and you turned them down, you will also have to explain that decision. Your comment about wanting to get into a "better" program struck me a little oddly.

It might be helpful if you get a letter from your director stating you withdrew in good standing.

The number of classes you finished doesn't matter - PA programs don't take transfer credit as far as I'm aware.

Archived