2022-2023 Application Cycle- OHSU

20 hours ago, Ibell5 said:

Be yourself during the interview. It is pretty personable for an MMI style interview. Really focus on why you chose to apply to the program and what experiences make you stand out as a classmate, as well as a future PA. 

Thank you so much for your input!! I was feeling sorely intimated by the MMI portion lol but I appreciate how personable the interview was. I will keep this in mind as I prepare for the interview 🙂 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2022 at 12:23 PM, Ppat7373 said:

Did you all get pulled off the waitlist?

Not yet, they updated me on Oct 2 saying that I'm still on the interview waitlist and should hear back in the next two weeks. So excited for everyone's acceptances. Hopefully our time will come too 🙂

• Like 1

Reading through last year's forum, it looks like people who were placed on the alternative list were given a waitlist number. This year they're not doing that. Read someone from last year who was 8th on the list and managed to get in. Last year it seemed like they were sending out acceptances late in the year where "more" students had other plans to attend other schools. Unlike this year they're sending out acceptances early which may cause lower chance for students on the alternative list this year to get in. That is just my take on the stats from last year's forum. Hope the best for all, and congratulations to the ones that were accepted. 

1 hour ago, BrianG said:

Just found out I got placed on the alternative list. Does anybody know how often people who are put on this list are ultimately offered acceptances? Thanks!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gtudor9 said:

Got an invite to interview tonight.  I applied just before the deadline so for all of you who have already interviewed and are  waiting, they might be towards the end of this year's interview cycle.

Today makes 4 weeks since I interviewed. Feeling nervous but excited at the same time. Hopefully we hear something before the end of next week. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ClareGhil said:

Anyone who interviewed the week of 09/12 been on the edge of their seat all week? I had a great interview experience with those of you I met and hope we all hear back soon(: 

Hi! I think we were in the same group interview, which was my favorite part! Very anxious all week, hoping early next week will be our time. Sending you the best of luck! 🤗

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, PA2PA777 said:

For the ones on the waitlist, did you email the program saying you want to remain on the waitlist and if so did you get a confirmation email that you are on the waitlist? 

I got an email back from Erica saying “thank you!” So that’s my confirmation that they received it 

• Like 2