2022-2023 Application Cycle- OHSU

On 10/12/2022 at 7:37 PM, Ppat7373 said:

Just received an interview invite for next friday!!! Any tips are greatly appreciated as this is my first ever PA school interview and nerves are through the roof😅

I interviewed in September and this was also my first interview, so I feel your nerves!! 

Tips:

-Get as much as you can ready and in place the night before

-Test your headphones for reliability if you are going to use some

-Take a good deep breath before answering questions 

-If you get flustered/ don’t feel like you answered an MMI question well, let it go and get refocused for the next question

-Have a water bottle near by. Having something to fidget with in between the MMI questions was helpful for me

-Be confident, authentic, and know you deserve to be there! 

Good luck 🙂 

• Like 2

Hello everyone! has anyone who interviewed the week of September 12th heard back at all? tomorrow marks 6 weeks since the interview and I am trying to decide if it would be helpful to send an email to see if there is an updated timeframe on when we should hear back by. I was hoping to hear back by now so I could plan out if I am going on the campus tour this Friday the 28th, is anyone else in the same boat?

• Upvote 1

Hi Everyone!! I interviewed on 9/16!! I received a phone call from the director of admissions today. Notifying me of my acceptance. She also told me to look for a confirmation email sometime by the end of this week. Hopefully everyone who has been patiently waiting gets the answer they are looking for!!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, latinopa said:

Hi Everyone!! I interviewed on 9/16!! I received a phone call from the director of admissions today. Notifying me of my acceptance. She also told me to look for a confirmation email sometime by the end of this week. Hopefully everyone who has been patiently waiting gets the answer they are looking for!!

I interviewed on 8/31 and was accepted today!! I cannot believe it im so excited! I can’t wait to meet the cohort.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Musaom said:

For those accepted, was the call you received from an OR number? I get so many missed spam calls while working and my voicemail box isn’t working 😞

Mine was from a blocked number. But from previous cycles, it seems like those that missed the call received an email a few days later! 😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Futureohsupas25 said:

Those who have been accepted- is there anywhere we can connect? Any Facebook group or anything created yet? I’m excited to meet y’all! 

Yes there is. They should email you a link but you can look it up as well if you search OHSU PA Class of 2025!

• Like 1

I was placed on the alternate list. Emailed back the next day saying I wanted to remain on the alternate list but have yet to receive a response. Anyone else on the alternate list receive an email back yet? I assume they are busy sorting everything out but just wanted to check! Congrats to all who were accepted 🙂