2022-2023 Application Cycle- OHSU

12 hours ago, smegia said:

Has anyone received an email back after sending an email confirming attendance for the assigned interview date?? 

I have not and I confirmed 6 days ago. However, their previous response to my interview acceptance reply took about 5 days, so I wouldn't worry too much at this point. What day are you interviewing?

Hello all, 

I just got an interview for the Wednesday, Sept 14th 8am-12pm block. This is my second time applying to OHSU and will be my first ever interview. I applied and was denied to 14 programs last cycle. 

My stats:

CASPA calculated total GPA 3.39, science GPA 3.28

GRE Total 319, Verbal Reasoning 163, Quantitative 156, Analytical Writing 4.0

Volunteering: 100 hours of various community work with my sorority in college, ~50 hours with the Children's Book Bank and other literacy programs

Shadowing: 6 hours with a trauma PA

Patient Care Hours: 3,180 (and continuing to grow)

Healthcare Hours: 1,644 (and continuing to grow)

Total Paid Hours: 4,824

I hope my statistics give people a lot of hope!!!!!! I did not have the financial opportunity to retake classes (I have 5 C's in physics, bio, and ochem) so I have worked very very hard at my CNA II job and served on the Shared Governance Council on my unit at the hospital and won several honors and achievements such as the Outstanding Preceptor Award. I also pushed to find a PA at OHSU to meet with several times and ask for a letter of recommendation this year. Last year I did not have any letters of recommendation from a PA. 

Please anyone who has advice on the OHSU interview send it my way! I am so excited!!!

• Like 3

On 8/13/2022 at 1:10 PM, ClareGhil said:

Hello all, 

I just got an interview for the Wednesday, Sept 14th 8am-12pm block. This is my second time applying to OHSU and will be my first ever interview. I applied and was denied to 14 programs last cycle. 

My stats:

CASPA calculated total GPA 3.39, science GPA 3.28

GRE Total 319, Verbal Reasoning 163, Quantitative 156, Analytical Writing 4.0

Volunteering: 100 hours of various community work with my sorority in college, ~50 hours with the Children's Book Bank and other literacy programs

Shadowing: 6 hours with a trauma PA

Patient Care Hours: 3,180 (and continuing to grow)

Healthcare Hours: 1,644 (and continuing to grow)

Total Paid Hours: 4,824

I hope my statistics give people a lot of hope!!!!!! I did not have the financial opportunity to retake classes (I have 5 C's in physics, bio, and ochem) so I have worked very very hard at my CNA II job and served on the Shared Governance Council on my unit at the hospital and won several honors and achievements such as the Outstanding Preceptor Award. I also pushed to find a PA at OHSU to meet with several times and ask for a letter of recommendation this year. Last year I did not have any letters of recommendation from a PA. 

Please anyone who has advice on the OHSU interview send it my way! I am so excited!!!

When was your application verified? 

1 hour ago, AJprePA said:

Has anyone else received a rejection? I still haven’t heard back from the program 

1 hour ago, Mydogiscute said:

I also haven’t heard anything back yet! Verified 6/27, no rejection or interview invite yet…

100% ditto. App submitted 7/2, verified 7/5.

14 hours ago, chowe said:

I got my rejection email today, cGPA 3.66, sGPA 3.64, PCH 1700 hours, HCH 1015 hours, volunteer hours 100 hours, shadowing 20 hours, 2 letters from professors and 1 letter from a PA 

That's disappointing to hear. You seem like you have good stats. Best of luck with the rest of the cycle.

Edited by NDJR7
  • Like 2