A.T. Still - Central Coast 2022-2023

1 minute ago, tormund said:

Yea, from last years forum I believe almost all the acceptances were sent out at once on July 27th last year and they sent out waitlist a couple weeks later. But their timeline was much later than ours as I think their interviews were end of June/beginning of July. 

I hope that next week is final decisions since they are saying it may go into August. I wonder why this year is taking much longer than last year? More students applied?

2 hours ago, soontobepa26 said:

I cannot imagine how I will feel if I do not get the news I want to hear. self-doubt is quite out of control the longer I wait. how is everyone dealing with this... so depressing tbh

Honestly the past couple months of waiting have me feeling all kinds of emotions. I went from feeling really anxious, to sad of not getting an answer, to annoyed, and now I’m just overwhelmed. It sucks tbh, everyday not getting an answer is tough. I’m trying to keep a positive mindset though because I GUESS no news is good news??? I’m happy that we have this forum at least so I know I’m not alone in this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, niquemack said:

I stopped by campus today and took a tour. They are in the middle of planning commencement as well as getting ready to send students off to clinical sites so they are very busy! Try to hold on to hope everyone!

Wow ya that is definitely a very busy time for them, I also remember someone saying it’s their first class’ that is graduating! Very exciting! What was your impression of the campus? I haven’t visited yet but I looked it up and it seems like it surrounding by some agriculture. Anything else around besides the beach?Thanks for the update! 

Edited by pac98

8 hours ago, pac98 said:

Wow ya that is definitely a very busy time for them, I also remember someone saying it’s their first class’ that is graduating! Very exciting! What was your impression of the campus? I haven’t visited yet but I looked it up and it seems like it surrounding by some agriculture. Anything else around besides the beach?Thanks for the update! 

Oh there’s a ton to do! There’s hiking, agriculture, beach, wineries! I’m from the area so it’s a great place to be! The campus is actually shared within a building with a local bank on the second floor but they have everything we would need! Library, student lounge, classroom, 10 exam rooms, locker rooms, etc. And it is right off the 101 freeway in a good part of Santa Maria! Plus costco is right next door so that’s a plus for me 😆

• Like 2

1 hour ago, niquemack said:

Oh there’s a ton to do! There’s hiking, agriculture, beach, wineries! I’m from the area so it’s a great place to be! The campus is actually shared within a building with a local bank on the second floor but they have everything we would need! Library, student lounge, classroom, 10 exam rooms, locker rooms, etc. And it is right off the 101 freeway in a good part of Santa Maria! Plus costco is right next door so that’s a plus for me 😆

Wow awesome! I did see on google maps that It was showing a bank building so I appreciate you explaining the actual size of the campus! Sounds great, hope next week is our week! Have a nice weekend! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FaithTowardsMed said:

I hope we all hear back this week!

1 hour ago, serenanicole98 said:

Fingers crossed for good news this week!!! 

Hope so too! Maybe this Thursday will be everyone’s day just like last year! But earlier would be even better!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, pac98 said:

Does anyone know what grading system they use? Is it pass/fail or letter?

I think majority of the program is letter grades but certain activities or assignments may be pass fail. When Ms. Erika was showing me the exam rooms, she said there's a portion at the end of the semester where live patients come and we have to address their concern and respond with what we think our proper steps on treatment would be. The professors watch through an ipad and you either pass or fail but not sure if that activity is a letter grade or just a pass fail.

11 hours ago, niquemack said:

I think majority of the program is letter grades but certain activities or assignments may be pass fail. When Ms. Erika was showing me the exam rooms, she said there's a portion at the end of the semester where live patients come and we have to address their concern and respond with what we think our proper steps on treatment would be. The professors watch through an ipad and you either pass or fail but not sure if that activity is a letter grade or just a pass fail.

Thanks for your detailed response! I’m surprised since most programs are pass/fail but I know a few are still doing the more traditional grading approach. 

16 hours ago, pac98 said:

Thanks for your detailed response! I’m surprised since most programs are pass/fail but I know a few are still doing the more traditional grading approach. 

It could be pass/fail but she did mention some kind of remediation (can't recall if that was the specific term for it) for that activity if you didn't pass which kind of leads me to believe that maybe they do letter grades? If they offer remediation for this activity then I would think they would offer it for certain classes to which you would think they would have to have some kind of letter/percentage measurement in order to know what the cutoff would be for pass/fail. Just my guess! Hoping we all hear something soon!

18 minutes ago, Littlebillygoat720 said:

Just received an email and I got denied. I’m happy I got an update. Congratulations to anyone who will receive an acceptance! 🥳

I’m sorry about that! I wish you the best in this upcoming cycle! I haven’t gotten anything, what email was it sent to? And also when was your interview date? At this point, I just want an update but I didn’t interview until April so idk if I will have to continue waiting 

Edited by pac98

48 minutes ago, Littlebillygoat720 said:

Just received an email and I got denied. I’m happy I got an update. Congratulations to anyone who will receive an acceptance! 🥳

29 minutes ago, pac98 said:

I’m sorry about that! I wish you the best in this upcoming cycle! I haven’t gotten anything, what email was it sent to? And also when was your interview date? At this point, I just want an update but I didn’t interview until April so idk if I will have to continue waiting 

I  am very sorry to hear that. At least you have some clarity now and I wish you the best of luck in the upcoming cycle.

I haven't received anything yet either. I interviewed in April as well (April 11th), but I believe they look at when you submitted your secondary apps rather than when you interviewed. However, I submitted my secondary apps pretty early (first or second week of October) and I know some people who submitted their apps after me and have been accepted already. So this has me pretty worried and self-doubt has definitely kicked in. 

44 minutes ago, pac98 said:

Thank you guys sm! The email was sent from the same gmail I used on caspa. It was titled : ATSU PA APPLICATION DECISION.  I interviewed on April 4th and submitted my secondary app on March 17th. The wait was the hardest part. But Good Luck Guys. Keep your heads up!

• Like 1