Elon University 2022-2023 Application Cycle

26 minutes ago, FuturePAIncoming said:

Where did you see the date that your application was downloaded? I got a email that my application was received, and on their status portal it shows that it has been received but does not say downloaded. Does anyone know if this means that they haven't actually looked at my application yet? 

Yes, just like what SSPrePA said, that's just what I meant. Like a confirmation of some sort that they "downloaded" my application. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, futurepa6000 said:

I'm hoping it's okay! My application was downloaded 7/27 and I still haven't heard anything yet either. Fingers crossed for both of us!

I think it is a good thing! Their program doesn't start until 01/2024 and they interview all the way into 02/2023. It is still early in the game for their program! 🙂 I am hoping for the best for everyone!

On 11/11/2022 at 4:17 PM, SSPrePA said:

Accepted from the 11/8 interview!

Congrats to everyone accepted and waitlisted. Remember that’s still good news as it’s so early in the process. Plenty of time to be considered. I know it’s so hard to keep waiting.

Congratulations! I have an interview in January. I am super excited but obviously a bit nervous! Were you able to see everyone else in the meeting? I am curious if you knew how many other students attended that time slot? Again, congratulations and hopefully I will see you in class!!

I submitted my app 8/24 and my app was received/downloaded 8/31. I interviewed 11/8 and received an acceptance on 11/11. Love how quick they were with their decisions. The Zoom interview day included two interviews. I forgot how many of us were there. But, I remember seeing an applicant at another interview a couple days later 😅which I thought was funny/neat! Good luck to everyone! 

On 11/18/2022 at 5:36 PM, Kywall14 said:

Did anyone else’s stuff disappear from the application checklist on home page of Elon’s applicant portal thing? Mine used to show PCE, pre-reqs, etc but now only has my LORs…?

Mine only has letters of recommendation and shadow hours received 8/26 and downloaded 8/29. Last email I received was telling me my application was downloaded. 

21 hours ago, PApowder said:

Mine only has letters of recommendation and shadow hours received 8/26 and downloaded 8/29. Last email I received was telling me my application was downloaded. 

Oh, maybe I’m mid-remembering what was in the list. It just seems shorter than it used to be. Shadowing hours definitely used to be there but aren’t anymore 

For those accepted, can y’all tell us your stats and maybe tips for the interview and how to stand out? I applied at the end of June to elon and haven’t heard back but this is my second cycle and first application to elon. Last year I was waitlisted to a couple programs and this year I have waitlists so far as well so I’m trying to improve my interview skills as much as possible! 

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, PAdreamn said:

For those offered interviews, what are your stats? I just want to know where I can improve. I submitted on 8/24/22.

34 years old Non-Traditional student, Asian Male, 1st gen college student

Stats:

GPAc 3.69, BCP 3.69 (Includes Organic Chemistry 1 and Physics 1) PCE ~20,000 hrs (LVN/LPN), Shadowing ~45 hours, Volunteer hrs ~45 hours 

3 LORs: 1 D.O, 1 Professor, 1 RN Supervisor 

Thank you!

Honestly your stats look strong and it’s hard to judge because stats are just part of the story. It could be you could improve your essays (Covid and personal). Could be you could explain your experiences better. Does your shadowing show variety or dedication to a stated area of interest (mine was varied but I don’t know that a lot of hours in one area is not desirable!)? Did you really answer why PA, not just why medicine? (I’m not saying you didn’t, just trying to think of anything that’s easy to change vs telling you to go back and do more work you likely do not need to do).

This process is hard to predict and while I also had strong stats (similar to yours, with only slightly higher GPA and shadowing hours), they’re looking holistically and that’s not an answer that gives us a lot of ways to tell each other how to improve. I’m sure you’re an amazing candidate and will get in somewhere this cycle or next!

• Upvote 1