Elon University 2022-2023 Application Cycle

On 10/25/2022 at 7:47 PM, FuturePA359 said:

Hello everyone. Just wanted to clarify some confusion I had on the program. So from my understanding, based on the wording in the website, those applying to this program this application cycle will not be starting january 2023 but january 2024? I am just really confused as to why it would be for such a far away date.

Correct, the start date is Jan 2024

6 minutes ago, PassionateAboutPA said:

Whoops! Thank you so much! 

No problem! So many details to keep track of for multiple schools. If I hadn't made myself a comprehensive spreadsheet I'd be lost. And I know I have questions all the time that others can answer quickly. That's why the forums are helpful!

And reiterating what I posted earlier in the thread for people who have been asking about when new invites might go out:

On 10/5/2022 at 3:16 PM, SSPrePA said:

[cut quote for brevity] Edited to add: Looking at last year's forum, they were still sending interview invites in November and January! Have hope. https://www.physicianassistantforum.com/topic/60100-2021-2022-application-cycle/page/3/#comments

Fingers crossed this month has good news for all of us.

Just now, SSPrePA said:

No problem! So many details to keep track of for multiple schools. If I hadn't made myself a comprehensive spreadsheet I'd be lost. And I know I have questions all the time that others can answer quickly. That's why the forums are helpful!

And reiterating what I posted earlier in the thread for people who have been asking about when new invites might go out:

Fingers crossed this month has good news for all of us.

Awesome!!

Hello everyone, I wanted to share with everyone my experience with Elon. I applied for their program in the spring of 2021, I interviewed in January 2022 and was waitlisted. I basically accepted defeat and applied again this cycle. 

A week or two ago I got an email from Elon saying something to the effect of, it is unlikely that a seat will become available for the incoming class that starts in January but are you still available to be pulled off the waitlist?

I responded quickly…. Two days ago I got a call that I have been accepted off the waitlist to start in January!! So this is your reminder to be patient because the application process for this school is long but we’ll worth the wait!!!

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Aimeeperryn said:

Hello everyone, I wanted to share with everyone my experience with Elon. I applied for their program in the spring of 2021, I interviewed in January 2022 and was waitlisted. I basically accepted defeat and applied again this cycle. 

A week or two ago I got an email from Elon saying something to the effect of, it is unlikely that a seat will become available for the incoming class that starts in January but are you still available to be pulled off the waitlist?

I responded quickly…. Two days ago I got a call that I have been accepted off the waitlist to start in January!! So this is your reminder to be patient because the application process for this school is long but we’ll worth the wait!!!

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your experience and wishing you an incredible experience at Elon as you go toward that PA-C!

• Thanks 1

On 11/4/2022 at 12:40 AM, Prepa1709 said:

Hi everyone! I'm happy to report that I received an invite today as well! I'll share this info in case someone is interested.

• Applied: October 6, 2022
  • Downloaded: October 10, 2022
  • Invited: November 4, 2022
  • Interview: February 10, 2023

Where did you see the date that your application was downloaded? I got a email that my application was received, and on their status portal it shows that it has been received but does not say downloaded. Does anyone know if this means that they haven't actually looked at my application yet? 

12 minutes ago, FuturePAIncoming said:

Where did you see the date that your application was downloaded? I got a email that my application was received, and on their status portal it shows that it has been received but does not say downloaded. Does anyone know if this means that they haven't actually looked at my application yet? 

I think you're ok. Look into the emails you received. I got one July 12 with the subject line "Elon PA Application: Received" that included, "Thank you for your interest in Elon PA. We recently downloaded your verified application from CASPA." And the July 27 follow-up with the same subject line and that included a link to the Elon application status portal partially read, "Thank you for your application to Elon University's PA program. We recently downloaded your verified application from CASPA."

So I think received and downloaded can be used fairly interchangeably here. No indication as to when they actually looked at each application, just that they had what they needed.

13 minutes ago, SSPrePA said:

I think you're ok. Look into the emails you received. I got one July 12 with the subject line "Elon PA Application: Received" that included, "Thank you for your interest in Elon PA. We recently downloaded your verified application from CASPA." And the July 27 follow-up with the same subject line and that included a link to the Elon application status portal partially read, "Thank you for your application to Elon University's PA program. We recently downloaded your verified application from CASPA."

So I think received and downloaded can be used fairly interchangeably here. No indication as to when they actually looked at each application, just that they had what they needed.

Thank you! Do you know where they would like us to send application updates to? I know we can update caspa but a lot of schools wont pull the updated information.

• Like 1