Elon University 2022-2023 Application Cycle

4 hours ago, janecoco said:

congrats to those who received an invite!!!! is there still a chance that they send out more?? ( I didn't receive one lol) I applied pretty early as well

I submitted CASPA on 6/11/22 and got confirmation of application receipt on 7/12 and confirmation of verified application download and link to applicant portal on 7/27 (then interview invite this morning 10/5).

No special insight into their process of working through applications and making invitations. They have a long interview schedule so maybe they will. I would think so as most schools seem to do a few rounds of invites. Plus some will decline the invite to interview so hoping for a spot for you!

Edited to add: Looking at last year's forum, they were still sending interview invites in November and January! Have hope. https://www.physicianassistantforum.com/topic/60100-2021-2022-application-cycle/page/3/#comments

Edited by SSPrePA
add more detail
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, OllieC said:

Methodist U was in person interviews this year. 

6 minutes ago, ana3118 said:

I have two in-person interviews coming up. I’m slowly becoming more nervous as the days near lol. 

Lucky! Feels like you'd get so much more of a feel for the program in person. They're doing their best with virtual (some very inventive solutions) and I do really appreciate the more affordable cost of interview season this way. But it feels like missing out on an important part of the process. Glad I got to visit some schools in advance, but that was informal (no tours, just happened to be in town for various reasons and went by the campuses).

And good luck on those upcoming interviews! Breathe, show them how great you are by just being you.

• Like 1

I definitely preferred the feel of the in person interview over the zoom one I did at a different school! But man, I only applied to out of state schools so it was expensiveeeeee. So I am grateful most are zoom. But it’s def a bummer to not get to scope out the area/school.

Good luck everyone!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SSPrePA said:

Lucky! Feels like you'd get so much more of a feel for the program in person. They're doing their best with virtual (some very inventive solutions) and I do really appreciate the more affordable cost of interview season this way. But it feels like missing out on an important part of the process. Glad I got to visit some schools in advance, but that was informal (no tours, just happened to be in town for various reasons and went by the campuses).

And good luck on those upcoming interviews! Breathe, show them how great you are by just being you.

I can see the pros of in-person interviews. But as you mentioned, its just more cost friendly when it’s virtual. The cost of travel was the main reason why I applied to only one out-of-state program.  

I appreciate the insight and positivity! I wish you luck as well!

• Like 1

Congrats to everyone else who received an interview invite! I received one this week as well! They sent the email Wednesday but I didn't see it until today because it somehow ended up in my Promotions folder (facepalm). Hoping we'll get a good feel for the school even though interviews are virtual.