Stony Brook PA Program 2022-2023 Cycle

14 hours ago, Mali22345 said:

SAME!! When I called they said the same thing, but said "late August" instead of the 15th. Unfortunately I think there are a lot of lies and misinformation on this thread 😞

I am a former student and I can't believe what I am reading here.  They are a rolling admissions cycle so things move pretty quickly but I doubt that they are hiding things from applicants or misinforming them since that was not my experience its just sad to see such negative things being posted about a program that I loved

39 minutes ago, afuturepa2020 said:

I am a former student and I can't believe what I am reading here.  They are a rolling admissions cycle so things move pretty quickly but I doubt that they are hiding things from applicants or misinforming them since that was not my experience its just sad to see such negative things being posted about a program that I loved

I just find it a little ridiculous how its already August 9th yet the first interview is supposedly on the 18th and not a single person except maybe "standfordpas2023" has heard back from them... it really makes me wonder what is going on that this is how theyre running things this year? I've been interested in the Stony Brook PA program since I first knew I wanted to be a PA but this is just disappointing..

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, confusedturtle said:

I just find it a little ridiculous how its already August 9th yet the first interview is supposedly on the 18th and not a single person except maybe "standfordpas2023" has heard back from them... it really makes me wonder what is going on that this is how theyre running things this year? I've been interested in the Stony Brook PA program since I first knew I wanted to be a PA but this is just disappointing..

How do you know that more people who are not on here were invited?  They usually interview 60 candidates each date.  I know that they continue to get thousands of applicants and really move quickly through them, but I think there is alot of assuming on here and not hard core facts

3 minutes ago, afuturepa2020 said:

How do you know that more people who are not on here were invited?  They usually interview 60 candidates each date.  I know that they continue to get thousands of applicants and really move quickly through them, but I think there is alot of assuming on here and not hard core facts

you're right, I don't know if more people were invited but based on the accounts of those who are on here, it doesn't seem like theyre doing much to move through the process. I'm really hoping that you're right and theyre on top of it because as of now it just seems as though theyre all over the place. despite all of the negativity revolving around the program, i continue to stand by Stony Brook and really hope they prove everyone wrong

2 hours ago, confusedturtle said:

you're right, I don't know if more people were invited but based on the accounts of those who are on here, it doesn't seem like theyre doing much to move through the process. I'm really hoping that you're right and theyre on top of it because as of now it just seems as though theyre all over the place. despite all of the negativity revolving around the program, i continue to stand by Stony Brook and really hope they prove everyone wrong

I wouldn't get wrapped up in all of the nonsense on here.  If you did your homework, you know that it is a good program and I can tell you I am glad I went there  

Hi everyone, hopefully the tensions of the past days are starting to wear off. The application stress is hard on everyone but lets try and support each other!

That being said, SBU has started to send out invites. While I have not received one personally, one of my closest friends received an invite on 8/5 to interview 8/18. Hope this helps. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CNPA1day said:

Hi everyone, hopefully the tensions of the past days are starting to wear off. The application stress is hard on everyone but lets try and support each other!

That being said, SBU has started to send out invites. While I have not received one personally, one of my closest friends received an invite on 8/5 to interview 8/18. Hope this helps. 

Yes, we’re all in this together!!

And also, yay for your friend! Thank you for sharing that with us! That’s very nice to know

• Like 1

I called them today to ask about when they are sending out interviews for August 18th interview date. I spoke with Audra, and she told they have already sent it on last Friday to the people they would like interview on August 18th. And they will continue to send out interview invites for September and so on after few weeks when its closer to the next interview date.

Hope this helps. Good luck to all those are interviewing on August 18th.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2022 at 4:04 PM, JRM5618 said:

For those that had the interview on 8/18, how did it go?

It went pretty well. The only part of the day that could be a little nerve-racking was the faculty interview but the people were friendly. I received an acceptance call 6 days after! Best of luck 

• Like 3

Is it too late to submit the application? I haven't heard back from most schools I've applied to so I'm panicking and applying to more. I feel like a bunch of interview invites have been sent out for this school and I'm wondering if it's worth applying to right now since it's so late. I just want to make sure I'm not wasting money. 

Edited by Cgv08

On 8/30/2022 at 12:02 AM, Cgv08 said:

Is it too late to submit the application? I haven't heard back from most schools I've applied to so I'm panicking and applying to more. I feel like a bunch of interview invites have been sent out for this school and I'm wondering if it's worth applying to right now since it's so late. I just want to make sure I'm not wasting money. 

Wondering the same! I know they stop giving out interviews once all the spots are filled. They are rolling admissions so would be tough at this point! 

On 8/28/2022 at 7:21 PM, sck13 said:

It went pretty well. The only part of the day that could be a little nerve-racking was the faculty interview but the people were friendly. I received an acceptance call 6 days after! Best of luck 

Was the interview virtual or in-person? I can't seem to find that information! Thanks and congratulations!