Stony Brook PA Program 2022-2023 Cycle

16 hours ago, Prepa1617 said:

Has anyone else not heard back yet? I applied in early June and completed both the CASPA and supplemental application but haven't received anything as to whether or not they have received my application

Nope. I applied in May and haven’t heard anything.

From previous years, it looks like the only communication through the cycle that applicants receive is an invitation to interview or acceptance into the program. So I wouldn’t expect a confirmation.

Last year they sent interview invites from 7/14 to 10/02, so I wouldn’t expect any type of communication till then.

On 6/27/2022 at 10:54 PM, Mali22345 said:

Yes I hear you on this one. Some previous students pointed out the same concerns about the jenprepa2022 person being a fake student. I had a similar experience with getting a rude response too. Otherwise this seems like a great program, im just not sure what's going on in the forums/communication end lol. 

It’s a bit sus. Especially after the recent lawsuit against Quinnipiac’s PA Program (which is tied with SBU), I’m wary of the treatment of PA students.

It’s unfortunate that this is the representation of SBU PA Programs faculty. I’m sure most are probably great and not as rude or vindictive as whoever emails applicants or jenprepa2022. And the way they act is all I have aside from anonymous student testimonies to get an unbiased perspective of the program.

59 minutes ago, MayhS said:

It’s a bit sus. Especially after the recent lawsuit against Quinnipiac’s PA Program (which is tied with SBU), I’m wary of the treatment of PA students.

It’s unfortunate that this is the representation of SBU PA Programs faculty. I’m sure most are probably great and not as rude or vindictive as whoever emails applicants or jenprepa2022. And the way they act is all I have aside from anonymous student testimonies to get an unbiased perspective of the program.

How is quinnipiac tied to SBU?   And just curious why are you guys applying if you have a bad feeling about the program.  You all work really hard why not just apply to schools you feel comfortable with?  Just curious............

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MayhS said:

Nope. I applied in May and haven’t heard anything.

From previous years, it looks like the only communication through the cycle that applicants receive is an invitation to interview or acceptance into the program. So I wouldn’t expect a confirmation.

Last year they sent interview invites from 7/14 to 10/02, so I wouldn’t expect any type of communication till then.

They had sent a confirmation after I sent in my supplemental application. If you didn't get anything maybe double-check?

3 hours ago, Mali22345 said:

I never said I had a bad feeling, I’m just repeating what I’ve heard from numerous students. It clearly didn’t bother me because as I said, I have also heard great things about the program & am still interested. 

I am sorry if I misread your post, but can you tell me what the connection is between stony brook and the quinnipiac program and lawsuit?  I am just curious as I try to navigate all of these schools.

9 hours ago, MayhS said:

I apologize I asked the wrong forum member can you share how quinnipiac is tied to sbu

13 hours ago, abdominalaorticaneurysm said:

I applied to PA schools last cycle and got double digit acceptances and I kept a running log of all the outcomes of the schools I applied to and still as of now I never heard anything from SBU. Not that I care at this point because I got into my top schools but just wanted to let you all know there is absolutely no communication besides asking you to submit your supplemental and then of course if they invite you to an interview. If you don’t ever hear from them it’s over. 

13 hours ago, abdominalaorticaneurysm said:

I applied to PA schools last cycle and got double digit acceptances and I kept a running log of all the outcomes of the schools I applied to and still as of now I never heard anything from SBU. Not that I care at this point because I got into my top schools but just wanted to let you all know there is absolutely no communication besides asking you to submit your supplemental and then of course if they invite you to an interview. If you don’t ever hear from them it’s over. 

Congratulations on getting in to so many schools.  Did you ever reach out to SBU to ask about your status?  just curious..........................................

On 7/8/2022 at 9:46 PM, abdominalaorticaneurysm said:

Can I ask you your stats? That is amazing! Congratulations!

Does someone know why the program hasnt been updating their attrition data? Its Mid 2022 already yet the last attrition data we got is for class of 2020. What happened to last year class of 2021 and this year class or 2022 that just graduated? There has been a rumor going on from reddit a few months back that the program has been failing loads of students these past few years. But mysteriously that reddit post was quickly deleted and never to be seen again… Seems kinda fishy. There is definitely a lack of transparency with this program. It could be covid related, but at least be up front about it. 

46 minutes ago, AspiringPAStudent2024 said:

Does someone know why the program hasnt been updating their attrition data? Its Mid 2022 already yet the last attrition data we got is for class of 2020. What happened to last year class of 2021 and this year class or 2022 that just graduated? There has been a rumor going on from reddit a few months back that the program has been failing loads of students these past few years. But mysteriously that reddit post was quickly deleted and never to be seen again… Seems kinda fishy. There is definitely a lack of transparency with this program. It could be covid related, but at least be up front about it. 

Yaa I just looked up attrition rate on Stony Brook's website and they don't have attrition rate update for 2021, and 2022. However, they do have PANCE pass rate for 2021, which shows that 66 students attempted the PANCE exam for first time and 91% of them passed. So I am not sure if the information which said that many student failed is true. Because if they didn't graduate from program then they would not be even able to give the PANCE exam. And on website it says 66 students attempted for the first time in 2021.

But I agree they showed update the attrition rate data on their website for 2021, so that people have fair chance to decide based on various factors

Edited by Priyapatel04

13 hours ago, absurdlyafraid said:

I haven't gotten any emails from them apart from their automatic response saying they got my supplemental on 6/8.

That is interesting because the email told me they're reviewing all applications verified up til June 30th and that if we are chosen to be interviewed it'll be August 18th but I haven't heard of anyone else getting that email. 

31 minutes ago, dani222 said:

That is interesting because the email told me they're reviewing all applications verified up til June 30th and that if we are chosen to be interviewed it'll be August 18th but I haven't heard of anyone else getting that email. 

Exactly!! Also they mentioned that they will begin to send out interview invite by mid July. And it's almost end of July. I hope they begin to sent it out sooner!! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dani222 said:

Did you get the email too?? This whole process has been so confusing 

if you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your application?

20 hours ago, absurdlyafraid said:

Wait so should I be concerned that I didn't get an email of them saying all of that when I submitted everything early June? 

did you check your spam folder? I've heard of many other applicants who missed communication because the emails were sent to their spam/junk and they never checked.

37 minutes ago, jol99 said:

if you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your application?

did you check your spam folder? I've heard of many other applicants who missed communication because the emails were sent to their spam/junk and they never checked.

I checked my spam- I don't have anything there. Should I just go ahead and email them to make sure they've got everything? Their automatic response said to take that email as confirmation they got my supplemental and I haven't gotten anything from them since.