Stony Brook PA Program 2022-2023 Cycle

Guest Adalexia

Hello! I have a strange question. Has anyone had any weird communications with the school? 

I called to ask if the supplemental can be uploaded as a PDF since microsoft was formatting it weirdly, and the lady said "what do you think?". To which I thought, I have no idea thats why I'm asking! Now I feel bad for even asking.

Then when emailing them to confirm that they received my supplemental I got a reply saying "if you sent it then we have it." Just like that! No punctuation or anything. 

Does anyone know if the lady answering calls for the program is a secretary, or a program administrator? I just wonder if this has any reflection on the PA program itself. 

2 hours ago, Adalexia said:

Hello! I have a strange question. Has anyone had any weird communications with the school? 

I called to ask if the supplemental can be uploaded as a PDF since microsoft was formatting it weirdly, and the lady said "what do you think?". To which I thought, I have no idea thats why I'm asking! Now I feel bad for even asking.

Then when emailing them to confirm that they received my supplemental I got a reply saying "if you sent it then we have it." Just like that! No punctuation or anything. 

Does anyone know if the lady answering calls for the program is a secretary, or a program administrator? I just wonder if this has any reflection on the PA program itself. 

Did this just happen?  I think programs are just busy and they quickly reply to the high volume of emails, I wouldn't take it personally

Guest Adalexia
15 hours ago, stanfordpas2023 said:

Did this just happen?  I think programs are just busy and they quickly reply to the high volume of emails, I wouldn't take it personally

okay thank you, that def makes me feel better 😅 also yes, this was yesterday 

Guest Dylreynolds92
17 hours ago, Adalexia said:

Hello there. I actually saw a bunch of posts with the same concerns on the 2021-2022 Stony Brook forum last year. I wouldn't take it personally since it's happened to so many others too. It is definitely odd though. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dylreynolds92
On 5/29/2022 at 9:58 PM, Pooja said:

Can someone who submitted the supplemental application please confirm we submit the Supplement as pdf or word doc? Thank You

I submitted PDF. Then 4 days later received confirmation. Hope that helps! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2022 at 12:33 AM, Priyapatel04 said:

I submitted Application on June 3, and supplemental on June 5. Haven't yet received any confirmation email about my application or supplemental, except  an auto-email that I received on submitting my supplemental. Did anyone receive any response about anything? Or interview invite for this year? Wish you all good luck🤞 

I submitted mid may and about 1 week later I received an email that stated my application was under review. In that email it stated that interview invites would start to go out in July and be via zoom this year!

Hi everyone,

I went through last years thread to see when people got interview invites. Looks like Stony Brook sent out invites from 7/14 to 10/02. Hope this helps with the timeline for everyone!

However, I strongly suggest every applicant take a look through last years thread if you haven't already. There are students and graduates who give their own insight into their experience with the program. The students also call out a program administrator/employee who was posing as a student and picking arguments in the thread.

It seems like a consensus that most applicants have a rude experiences when reaching out to the program directly and there are many areas that the program can improve upon. Take a look and make your own judgement.

Edited by MayhS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/21/2022 at 11:27 AM, MayhS said:

Hi everyone,

I went through last years thread to see when people got interview invites. Looks like Stony Brook sent out invites from 7/14 to 10/02. Hope this helps with the timeline for everyone!

However, I strongly suggest every applicant take a look through last years thread if you haven't already. There are students and graduates who give their own insight into their experience with the program. The students also call out a program administrator/employee who was posing as a student and picking arguments in the thread.

It seems like a consensus that most applicants have a rude experiences when reaching out to the program directly and there are many areas that the program can improve upon. Take a look and make your own judgement.

I find this interesting.  I know a bunch of alum from SBU PA program, and there take on last years comments was that it was the opinion of two or three disgruntled people and should not be taken too seriously.  I don't know I have heard nothing but great things.

On a personal note, how many program on average are you guys applying to?  Is 10 overkill?

26 minutes ago, stanfordpas2023 said:

I find this interesting.  I know a bunch of alum from SBU PA program, and there take on last years comments was that it was the opinion of two or three disgruntled people and should not be taken too seriously.  I don't know I have heard nothing but great things.

On a personal note, how many program on average are you guys applying to?  Is 10 overkill?

Ya I applied to 10

1 hour ago, stanfordpas2023 said:

I'm applying to 18 schools. So I wouldn't say 10 is over kill lol.

I dont have personal connections to alumni or students. So although it's unprofessional to air grievances on a thread like this, I doubt I would have come across any candid thoughts on the program if they hadn't.

Although 2 of the students seemed very pessimistic, but PAStony offered a more neutral perspective about the program. They also confirm the program employee/administrator (jenprepa2022 who is on this thread) posing as a student who argues with anyone with a negative experience. The rude responses that applicants receive from the admissions office (see Adalexia's post above) also adds to faculty's unprofessional behavior. So some of the stories shared by students seem more believable compared to other school threads.

However, if there are additional students and grads on this thread, I would love to hear an unbiased perspective regarding the program and faculty!

Edited by MayhS
Added quote that I was responding to
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, MayhS said:

I'm applying to 18 schools. So I wouldn't say 10 is over kill lol.

I dont have personal connections to alumni or students. So although it's unprofessional to air grievances on a thread like this, I doubt I would have come across any candid thoughts on the program if they hadn't.

Although 2 of the students seemed very pessimistic, but PAStony offered a more neutral perspective about the program. They also confirm the program employee/administrator (jenprepa2022 who is on this thread) posing as a student who argues with anyone with a negative experience. The rude responses that applicants receive from the admissions office (see Adalexia's post above) also adds to faculty's unprofessional behavior. So some of the stories shared by students seem more believable compared to other school threads.

However, if there are additional students and grads on this thread, I would love to hear an unbiased perspective regarding the program and faculty!

yes I hear you, I just think that I would weary of talking badly about a school that I have no first hand experience with, I guess I roll positive.  I hope to get to visit and experience things for myself, and not rely on another person's opinion.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...