2022-2023 RUSH U APPLICATION CYCLE

On 7/26/2022 at 10:22 PM, BrianG said:

Sure! Sorry for the delay. I’m anxiously waiting to hear from Rush now after the interview! 

Submitted on 5/28

Overall GPA:  3.72
Overall Science:  3.6
Overall Non-Science:  3.92
BCP Totals:  3.59
PCE: 4750
Volunteer: 400
Shadowing: 40

GRE 305, Essay 4.5

CASPer: 75th to 100th percentile 
LORs: 3 (Charge Nurse, PA-C in Cards, Asst. Medical Director MD from ED)

What was the interview experience like? 

Hey ya'll! I was going to apply to Rush much earlier in the cycle, but decided against applying. Looking more into the school and having spoken to a student from one of their recent graduating classes, I am interested in applying again. I'm wondering if everyone thinks it may be too late for me to apply and what people think my chances might be and if it's worth throwing in an app. So far Emory is the only school to have rejected me (seems like they want applicants with 4k hours and above this cycle) and I see that Rush seems to also be favoring high PCE applicants. 

My stats are:

CGPA AND SGPA: ~3.5-3.6

PCE: 3100

HCE: 400

Volunteer including clinical volunteering: 300

4 LORS: 1 amazing PA, 2 professors I worked closely with, 1 PCE supervisor who knew me very well

Since it probably matters: first gen, underrepresented groups in medicine, diverse experience in rural and undeserved communities 

Edited by mitskistan69

On 8/3/2022 at 11:58 AM, Soontobepa11 said:

It was nice meeting some of you guys at the interview session! Amazing program! You should be proud to have gone this far Whether your accepted, waitlisted or rejected! 

Agreed! I keep checking this every day to see if anybody from the interview heard anything! Still anxiously awaiting over here! 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Soontobepa11 said:

We won’t hear back for 3-4 weeks! Fingers crossed

They say that and perhaps this time it's true! Looking at the application cycle for last year, people were finding out 5-6 days after the interview. So I was hoping the same would hold true this cycle. Although, they seem overloaded with applications, so I guess we need to be patient. One more week until we potentially receive word! Good luck to you all and may the odds be ever in your favor (lol) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrianG said:

They say that and perhaps this time it's true! Looking at the application cycle for last year, people were finding out 5-6 days after the interview. So I was hoping the same would hold true this cycle. Although, they seem overloaded with applications, so I guess we need to be patient. One more week until we potentially receive word! Good luck to you all and may the odds be ever in your favor (lol) 

Who knows maybe you will hear back tomorrow  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AspiringPAc said:

Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing your stats? I feel like they haven’t given anyone under 2,500 hours an interview yet even though they consider 2,000 hours competitive on their website 😕 

But if you look at their class statistics they typically accept students with PCE with about 4,000-5,000 hours. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, AspiringPAc said:

Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing your stats? I feel like they haven’t given anyone under 2,500 hours an interview yet even though they consider 2,000 hours competitive on their website 😕 

Thank you 🙂 

sGPA: 3.27 

cGPA: 3.37

Paid PCE: 7000 (pediatric CNA, pediatric PCT and caregiver to my gma)

Volunteer hours: 1300

Shadowing hours: 134 (3 PAs, 1 MD) 

LOR: 2 PAs, 1 MD, 2 masters program professors

good luck!

6 hours ago, Soontobepa11 said:

But if you look at their class statistics they typically accept students with PCE with about 4,000-5,000 hours. 

I agree that their PCE hrs is something they really look at I had about 3000 when I applied and I got waitlisted to interview but now I’m almost 4000 if they project what I’m. Accruing since applying. 

• Upvote 1