2022-2023 RUSH U APPLICATION CYCLE

2 hours ago, Soontobepa11 said:

Has anyone recieved an interview yet? My app was verified on June 26 and still nothing… I know interviews were being sent out around this time last year

No word for me yet, I was hoping the same thing since they released interviews around this time last year. Fingers crossed for next week

• Upvote 1

Hey fellow applicants! 

Received an email from Rush this morning (7/5) stating that I have been placed on the interview waitlist. Submitted 5/18, notice of application received on 5/19.

Hopefully this means some of you will be receiving interview invites soon! Good luck!

24 minutes ago, ErSePA said:

Hey fellow applicants! 

Received an email from Rush this morning (7/5) stating that I have been placed on the interview waitlist. Submitted 5/18, notice of application received on 5/19.

Hopefully this means some of you will be receiving interview invites soon! Good luck!

Same got placed in waitlist to interview. Got email 7/5. Submitted 5/12 and verified 5/19, prerequisite check email 6/5. 

it’s not over ! Stay positive! I believe we will get an interview! 

1 hour ago, Jrosebwin said:

Same got placed in waitlist to interview. Got email 7/5. Submitted 5/12 and verified 5/19, prerequisite check email 6/5. 

it’s not over ! Stay positive! I believe we will get an interview! 

Was similarly waitlisted at a different rolling admissions school, and ended up receiving an invite to the first interview session about a week later. So yes, staying optimistic!

• Like 1

verified May 5/26

invite: August 3rd

Overall gpa: 3.6

Science 3.45

Pre-req: 4.0

PCE: 8K in 3 different specialities (Urgent Care, internal Medicine, and Dermatology) 

HCE: 800 as a Certified Personal Trainer

volunteer: 500 ish hours 

Shadowing: 4 different PA’s 

LOR: 2 PA, 1 MD, 1 Biochem Professor

Edited by Soontobepa11
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, davei401 said:

Sure! Interviews are virtual on Zoom.

GPA: 3.67

Science GPA: 3.57

PCE: 2905 hrs as PCT and MA at a Cardiology/Primary Office 

Volunteer: 210 hrs as Spanish Medical Interpreter 

Research: ~320 hrs at the CDC during Undergrad 

Leadership: ~150 hrs as President of a Latinx Organization and was on the exec board for 2.5 years before that 

Shadowing: ~110 hrs, an Orthopedic and Cardiothoracic PA 

Tutoring: 60 hrs as a private tutor for a high school student struggling in chem 

5 LORS: 2 PAs, 1 MD I work for, and 2 professors

Other small details: First gen, went to an all women's college, native Spanish speaker, and also worked in the service industry during undergrad. This is a kind reminder that it's more than just your stats, so feel confident in yourself! Good luck, you got this 🙂

Those are great stats! What day did you receive the confirmation email from Rush?