please let me know your thoughts on my situation...

I have 2 w/f and a D in one course due to a medical sickness and i have explained that in my personal narrative and i have a recommendation from the teacher that gave me the w/f explaining why her hands were tied in giving me that and then she goes on and gives me a great recommendation because after my recovery i have had straight A's in all of my prereqs...

How much is this going to hurt me?

i took it over it was AP2 and had a 108 avenge in there the teacher also wrote that she observed me coming in early and basically teach half the lab for that class.

i have over 600 HCE hours in a great variety of field with privalages as a student to one major hospital and a major medical center and this is all volunteer hours

What else? Apply. Let them tell you no. The paralysis of analysis is deadly.

thank you i am applying my application is out there just waiting on one more LOR which should be done tomorrow... mostly my question was about the thought on my situations and my chances and i was just trying to get advice from others who have been in this field and know more about this process than i do

Id agree that your lor is remarkable... Talk about taking a weakness and turning it around! That's actually bada$$. Its the effective version of the innefective "what are my weaknesses?.... Well I guesse I work too hard." In your case it's "what bad academic performance do I need to explain to the admissions committee?..... Well, I did bad because I was sick, and I retook the class and ended up teaching it, and had 108 percent... I'll just let my professor explain it". I'm not being sarcastic... That's awesome.

thank you so much... i have worked had in the last year to make up for when i was sick and I just was worried that it would still negatively effect me. thank you for your support

Your concerns are understandable. I recall the application process being very nerve wracking. However, you have demonstrated a major KEY element in being a great professional... the ability to correct your mistakes and overcome adversity. Everyone makes errors. Not everyone has the wherewithal to rise above their error. You owned you mistake, you fixed it, in fact, you fixed it with such vigor that you got your professor to write a letter on your behalf. That's good stuff. Your accomplishments may actually set you ahead of some of the competition. If I was on an AdCom and had to chose between a person who has had an easy go of life so far, having never really been challenged vs. an applicant who has been put through their paces a bit... well I'd be the second applicant.

Archived