2022-2023 George Washington University

I just accepted an offer from UMB, so I turned down my interview for next week with GWU Dual Masters.  Hopefully that opens up a spot for someone!  Turning down the interview felt so wrong, as GW is such a great program, but UMB works out way better logistically for me.  Good luck to everyone that is still working towards the goal, and I hope my spot goes to someone and they get in!

Congratulations to everyone who got interviews and accepted into the program! I am hoping to apply to GWU regular PA program June 2023. Would anyone who got interviews or accepted be willing to share some of your stats? I want to be sure my stats will be competitive enough in June and if not I may delay my application. Any feedback would be most appreciated. Congrats again 🙂

3 hours ago, auntb said:

Congratulations to everyone who got interviews and accepted into the program! I am hoping to apply to GWU regular PA program June 2023. Would anyone who got interviews or accepted be willing to share some of your stats? I want to be sure my stats will be competitive enough in June and if not I may delay my application. Any feedback would be most appreciated. Congrats again 🙂

Ditto, since I’ll likely be reapplying

On 8/19/2022 at 12:17 AM, MPHtoPA2023 said:

still under review (as of 8/3) here as well 

Mine is still under review too. I called them last week and they said that interviews are still being held and invitations are being sent out through 12/12. 12/13 will be the last day of interviews. Hoping we all hear some good news soon.

Edited by aspiringgpa

2 hours ago, aspiringgpa said:

Mine is still under review too. I called them last week and they said that interviews are still being held and invitations are being sent out through 12/12. 12/13 will be the last day of interviews. Hoping we all hear some good news soon.

Extending interviews for the next day (12/12–>12/13)? Dang.  But still, gives me hope as a later applicant.

On 12/3/2022 at 2:38 PM, auntb said:

I got accepted from my Nov 1 interview. I decided to give up my spot as I  ultimately fell in love with another school that was in my top two. GW is such a fantastic school though! My stats were 

GPA 4.0 
Science GPA 4.0
Leadership hours recorded 260
PCE 2720
HCE 6080
Shadowing an orthopedic PA 25 hours
Teaching experience 980
Volunteer hours 139
LOR: 5 - 1 science professor, 1 NP, 2 MDs, 1 DO

Hope this helps. 

34 minutes ago, Islander said:

I got accepted from my Nov 1 interview. I decided to give up my spot as I  ultimately fell in love with another school that was in my top two. GW is such a fantastic school though! My stats were 

GPA 4.0 
Science GPA 4.0
Leadership hours recorded 260
PCE 2720
HCE 6080
Shadowing an orthopedic PA 25 hours
Teaching experience 980
Volunteer hours 139
LOR: 5 - 1 science professor, 1 NP, 2 MDs, 1 DO

Hope this helps. 

When did you get your acceptance call?

Just received an email titled, "GW Health Sciences Admission Decision Available Online."

After carefully reviewing your application, supporting credentials, and other qualifications, the Admissions Committee regrets to inform you that we are unable to offer you admission to the M.S.H.S. in Physician Assistant for the Summer 2023 semester.

We consider many factors during the admission process, including quantitative aspects such as GPAs and qualitative aspects including patient care experience, letters of reference, quality of essay, leadership experience, and extracurricular activities, among others. We conduct reviews of hundreds of applications during the admission cycle; this is both positive and challenging. The selection process is highly competitive as our pool includes so many strong applicants. Our admission committee is ultimately tasked with selecting an incoming class that best "fits" the mission and vision of our program. Additionally, we offer a relatively small program in order to maintain a low student-faculty ratio. Subsequently, many qualified candidates are not able to be selected due to class size constraints.

We wish you every success in your academic and professional endeavors. Thank you for your interest in the George Washington University.